Check engine light on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently in VA we have had some very heavy rain. Last week on my way home I drove my LC through some water and the check engine light came on. Driveability seems normal, all gauges indicate normal, so I disconnected the battery cables to reset light. Check engine light stayed off until it rained hard a few day later. Check engine light is back on. Car seems to be running normally. Should I just reset again? Not sure how driving through water could set the check engine light off. Any suggestion or similar occurences by any others with FZJ80. Thanks

Recently in VA we have had some very heavy rain. Last week on my way home I drove my LC through some water and the check engine light came on. Driveability seems normal, all gauges indicate normal, so I disconnected the battery cables to reset light. Check engine light stayed off until it rained hard a few day later. Check engine light is back on. Car seems to be running normally. Should I just reset again? Not sure how driving through water could set the check engine light off. Any suggestion or similar occurences by any others with FZJ80. Thanks

you should get the code checked to see what the puter is saying.

while others have reported the same thing when driving through water, I would by a code reader so that you know whats going on. Might be nothing big this time, but good for future use. you are OBDII so it will only take about 2 minutes to figure out your problem. Other alternative would be to go to autozone or something similiar and have them check it for you. Final alternative would be to stay out of the water. Surprised that you have a moded truck but don't know that you should just check the code.

did you check to see if the engine is still there?

My check engine light has been on for five years. I had the codes read, and it told me that the oxygen sensors needed replacement, so I bought two, and one afternoon (before they were installed) of carelessly leaving it unlocked, they were both stolen out of the truck. The truck runs great, and passes emissions with no problem. Go figure? Hope they aren't needed in Abu Dhabi. :cheers:Ned

I pull my EFI fuses and my CEL resets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom