Wanted CHEAP 80 wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
  2. LX450
Mileage
Color
White
Hello! Looking for a cheap 80 for my 16 year old kid to be his first build & cruiser šŸ’Ŗ. Donā€™t care much about paint/interior condition as long as maintenance is fairly Kept. A bit of rust is ok.

Thank you!

As much as I'm not a fan of FaceBook, all the cheaper Cruisers seem to be on the FB Marketplace these days as opposed to Craigslist. I'd try that in your area and see what you can scare up.
Thank you! Weā€™ve been searching FB ( BICraiglist, autotempest,etc etc without luck. Most are overpriced,heavily neglected rust buckets. Love the fact that most adds start with ā€œ Only for people who know LCsā€ or ā€œYou know these trucks will run foreverā€... And then turn out to be gigantic turds with the LC badge... Land Cruisers will run and last a lifetime... IF you maintain them...

my concern is that my kid is eye balling my šŸ’Æ...heā€™ll get it when hell freezes over... (love you, kid. Iā€™m sure you are reading this šŸ‘šŸ’ŖšŸ»šŸ’ŖšŸ»šŸ‘)

Thanks again for your note!
Cheers

Weā€™d need a range to go off of..I might have one trying to decide

Some decent deals in the southeast. It would save you a lot of headache with rust too.

FB Market place is truly the land of sub 2500 80s. I can tell you that there are 3 that I reached out too within the Tri state area. One in CT for 1700 with transmission issues, one near Buffalo NY with motor issues (1500), and another near water Town NY with starting issues (1100). No way you find these prices on CL or Ebay for anywhere near these prices. We'll that's my 2 cents

Good question... IMHO and from what Iā€™ve seen of past sales and previous posts 80s and 100s prices are mainly driven by:

A) Rust Level
B) Maintenance
C) Mileage/ Accidents/Title/ Owners
D) Equipment
E) Interior and Paint
F) Factory Lockers
G) 40 Anniversary edition

A & B are the main purchase drivers. C-H are secondary to A & B and increase or decrease the price for up to 15% EACH and are usually not a deal breaker ( individually) if A and B are ok.

Based on that you can assign values as follow:

1) A&B each are measured on a scale from $0 to $ 5k.

0=neglected $5k perfect condition

2) C-E increase or decrease price by 15%
3)F-G only increase price by 15%.

As an example of how the scale would work:

Example 1) a perfectly maintained, rust free 80:

A) Rust Level: No rust = $5000
B) Maintenance: to date with records. $5000
C) 200k miles/ Clean Title (15% ā˜ļø). $1500
D) Original Bumpers no lift (0% ā˜ļø). $0
E) Interior 8/10 Paint 7/10 (15% ā˜ļø). $1500
F) Factory Lockers (15% ā˜ļø). $1500

So theoretically a 200k mike clean 80 should be around $14.5K.

Of course there is the ā€œmust haveā€ factor, the extra equipment (I.e roof tents) the specific year model, color and the time capsules and unicorns, which are out there and impact price beyond scales and possible measurements.

And now we have access to foreign 80s, making the hunt even more interesting and price appealing.

Those are my 2 cents.

Thoughts?

You can reach out to me and I can send you pictures of mine see if itā€™s something you would like. No it wonā€™t be 1500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom