Cheap 200 comes home .. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing looks like ever used except front driver seat

IMG_0253.jpeg

IMG_0252.jpeg

IMG_0251.jpeg

IMG_0258.jpeg

IMG_0256.jpeg

Issues:

• Steering wheel buttons worn (ordered)
  • Hood strut weak (ordered)
  • Cruise control not working
  • Shifter slightly faded (ordered)
  • Disclosed slight oil leak valve cover gasket - will work on next week

PLANS:

• sliders
  • tires
  • wheels
  • suspension lift
all of our LC (60/62/100/200) are all stock. Would like to modify this one and see how you all do it. Thanks for dealing with a offroad “mod” newbie

Didn't you just find a super clean 100 series for cheap a week or two ago? Incredible to get two good vehicles at stellar prices. Nicely done!

Didn't you just find a super clean 100 series for cheap a week or two ago? Incredible to get two good vehicles at stellar prices. Nicely done!
You sound like my wife 😝

No, I do not have an addiction. 😈

Yes I was working on my $7k 100 series bought last week (thread in 100
series forum).

This popped up, 2 hours later let @kreiten know. He spent a few hours of his gracious time with me on the phone. Deal sealed - got it home.

You’re making me regret not getting a grey truck.

I joined the high mileage 200 club after only having old trucks (60 and 62). 270k 2011, lots of history and very clean TN truck.

Its game changing.

IMG_5131.jpeg

Things that were done on the car (history, aside from brakes/tires/filters/fluids)
  • Cooler box blower was replaced at 114K miles
  • Water pump replaced
  • Serpentine belts replaced
  • Starter replaced (160K miles) - 2015 .
  • Cam tower leaking 2019 (189K miles) - cam towers resealed
  • Fuel sensing unit replaced 201K miles
  • Radiator replaced + all belts replaced 217K miles

You’re making me regret not getting a grey truck.

I joined the high mileage 200 club after only having old trucks (60 and 62). 270k 2011, lots of history and very clean TN truck.

Its game changing.

View attachment 3419278
Well for a cheap 200 deal, I couldn't be picky on color. Love your black one. Having said I always love white UN spec. My wife usually has a gray (some version) LX lease every 3 years .

Definitely need to follow your truck, and do preventative maintenance as needed. Is it 270K now, or lot more? I know there are million mile Tundras out there.

270k now. Just did a radiator, and I’m going to baseline all fluids.

I found out that I do have the valley coolant leak but I'm not worried about that like the radiator worried me.

Honestly there is nothing wrong with it. Needs a door handle on the inside drivers door and the cool box just stopped working. Not a squeak or rattle.

I just got the 10mm spacer lift and I’m going do that soon.

270k now. Just did a radiator, and I’m going to baseline all fluids.

I found out that I do have the valley coolant leak but I'm not worried about that like the radiator worried me.

Honestly there is nothing wrong with it. Needs a door handle on the inside drivers door and the cool box just stopped working. Not a squeak or rattle.

I just got the 10mm spacer lift and I’m going do that soon.
Same here - no squeaks or rattles. Love it.

I will also baseline the fluids next week. Mine had the cool box replaced.

The only thing that worries me is the transmission. I just want to do a passive flush of all the fluid asap.

The only thing that worries me is the transmission. I just want to do a passive flush of all the fluid asap.
Mine shifts as our other 200 does. But yeah, I will change it as well.

Our RX in the photo (above), has 375K miles, original trans, no issues. I have a FJ62 with 730K miles (my dad bought it new), all original, but on 2nd trans.

I went through the bloodbath of my 62 and trying to keep an auto in that. It was done. Coolant had gotten into trans fluid through the trans cooler. Dead. Strawberry milkshake.

I swapped that to an H55F. The 3FE was completely locked up front carbon and it lives. 292,000 in it currently.

My 60 is at 348,000 miles and still my daily with the 2F.

I trust a high mileage Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom