Chase lights for GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone installed rear-facing chase lights on a GX460 (or any other SUV for that matter)? Which product did you use and how did you install it?

On the ATVs/UTVs we all run some kind of flashing/strobing light on the back of the machines for added visibility in the dust and dark. Some people have them on their 4x4s, but I haven't seen it done on a 460 yet. Curious if anyone has.

I installed a pair of Baja Designs S1's on my roof rack. They work well as chase lights, and reverse lights. We were trail running over the weekend and it was a little dusty . The guy following me said it looked like a set of yellow headlights were facing him, and it was the only part of the truck he could see. The second picture was the guy I was following for reference.

348844060_244907924892750_3615551325895135393_n.jpg

348224316_1426155424845903_1643048850024852035_n.jpg

Hummm.....
Might be nice. My off road club has never mentioned anything like that for any of our runs.
I might like it more if the lights were clear and can be used for better lighting when camping or backing up, and THEN have snap on amber lenses for the trail!

Hummm.....
Might be nice. My off road club has never mentioned anything like that for any of our runs.
I might like it more if the lights were clear and can be used for better lighting when camping or backing up, and THEN have snap on amber lenses for the trail!
The DD SSC2 have the amber backlight with white main led that would work well with this

I plan on adding some when i get a roof rack but would love if i can find an option to install in the same way the 470 does without one

Hummm.....
Grab a set of S1s and a set of amber covers. The amber doesn't attract as many bugs at night. The covers are $10 a piece, and in my experience, don't effect ligth output enough to even worry about.

S1's

Amber covers

I installed a pair of Baja Designs S1's on my roof rack. They work well as chase lights, and reverse lights. We were trail running over the weekend and it was a little dusty . The guy following me said it looked like a set of yellow headlights were facing him, and it was the only part of the truck he could see. The second picture was the guy I was following for reference.

348844060_244907924892750_3615551325895135393_n.jpg

348224316_1426155424845903_1643048850024852035_n.jpg
Yup, that's a familiar sight. I'm not currently running a roof rack so will have to engineer another solution.

Grab a set of S1s and a set of amber covers. The amber doesn't attract as many bugs at night. The covers are $10 a piece, and in my experience, don't effect ligth output enough to even worry about.

S1's

Amber covers
Too bad those S1's don't have a flush mount option...

Roof rack here too. I'd considered mounting them under the spoiler, with some sort of brace underneath in the plastic. There is, however, a lot going on in that black plastic piece under, as it holds the wiper assembly and squirter.

Also keep in mind that if you plan to use them as camp lights (like I'd intended to), they'll swing away with the door. Which is why mine ended up on the rack.

:edit:

Oh, these are the Diode Dynamics SSC2 Sport - chosen because they have an amber backlight and are lower power/intensity than the other ones they sell.

1684771994711.png

IMG_3460.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

Last edited:
I recall seeing someone using the factory roof rack mounting location. They used a longer bolt and a spacer.
Great idea actually.

I used Rigid flood diffused with a yellow lens. Its kinda two for one, if I needed more back up light than my bumper mounted light could provide I could remove the the lens. Had to fabricate a anti rotation tab for the light bracket the way I mounted them. More details on my build thread.

1684895197209.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom