Charging light head scratcher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been fighting a light for a month or so.

It came on after a trip to the beach and I replaced the alternator and upgraded to an AGM battery.

The light went away but came back the next day. Volts on he idiot gauge looked right and it hasn't died yet.

I hooked up an OBD scanner it there is a full 1V drop between the battery terminals and the ECU.

Battery appears to be charging in spite of the light.

Cleaned battery grounds and did a lot of fruitless reading. No worky.

Any ideas?

IMG_20160503_185734026.jpg

I'll guess you still have a bad connection to/from the battery somewhere. Have you looked for corrosion or bad connections inside the terminal block that connects to the positive battery post? Get some gas soon.

I'll guess you still have a bad connection to/from the battery somewhere. Have you looked for corrosion or bad connections inside the terminal block that connects to the positive battery post? Get some gas soon.

I cleaned the terminals THOUROUGHLY. I also checked voltages at the small fuse block on the positive terminal and it reads properly.

It goes away and comes back when I hit bumps so I think a wire is broken internally or it is a loose connection somewhere.

With the new information that it comes and goes with bumps, I agree it's a loose connection or broken wire. Any rodent damage lately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom