Central America Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I spent the better part of August in Costa Rica and got to see a good portion of it. From numerous beach towns up and down the west coast, into the jungle and up to see the volcano.
And of course i had to snap pics of cruisers throughout the trip.
The first one is of Rudi, a local cruiserhead from Playa del Coco that came out to talk trucks and enjoy 3hour happy hour drinks with me. "Olla Rudi!" If ever in CR, do stop in and say hello to him and his wife Audette, great people!!!

The second one is a diesel "Fortunner" that we rented for the duration. What an awesome little truck, wish we had these in North America. Third is a local beach maintenance truck.
Enjoy!
Cheers!
Rudi in CR.jpg
rental cr.jpg
pickup in cr.jpg

Troopys everywhere, loved it! Money shots with a farmer and his diesel 45 with a troopy ambulance. This was in La Fortuna, a small town just outside Arenal.
troopy in cr.jpg
troopy in cr2.jpg
troopy in cr3.jpg

Here's a few more on the way up into the jungle/mountain town of "Monteverde". An amazing town and spectacular drive up to it.
40 in cr.jpg
45 in cr.jpg
repair shop in cr.jpg

wow... cruisers all over the place... bet you were trying to figure out how to get one of them back up here.... those are some nice looking cruisers...

wow... cruisers all over the place... bet you were trying to figure out how to get one of them back up here.... those are some nice looking cruisers...

I'd love to have a proper-side drive diesel 80! :clap:

Cool... That'd be a fun trip to drive something home from there....

Im sure it wouldn't get complicated at all at the borders...:hillbilly:

Nice Dan! I'm glad you and Heather had such a good time. Sweet cruisers as well. Oh if just I had "transporter" i'd beam up a few of those cruisers. (starting with the 1HZ piggie"!) drool.

Give me a call before you hit the "the patch" and we'll hit the:beer:

yeah believe me the "importation potential" wheels are turning. Would be fun to bring one back that's for sure!

Here's a few more, pig with the diesel, cool 45 in Tilaran and couldn't resist the dude working on his Heep on the side of the road in Playa Grande. I asked if he needed a hand but seemed pretty pissed, and my Spanish isn't quite a 100% yet. LOL
pig with 1hz2.jpg
pickup in cr2.jpg
heep in cr.jpg

The 2-door diesel Prado was on the ferry in Puntarenas and the row of 4-door Prado taxis in Monteverde, cool pickup at the service station-same place.
twodoor prado.jpg
taxi in cr.jpg
pickup in cr3.jpg

Last edited:
Good find Andrew, haven't seen that one in years! LOL

A couple more, another pickup, a rental troopy in Montezuma and William with his brand new HZJ76 also in Montezuma. He was a good sport and let me snap some interior pics also.
pickup in cr4.jpg
troopy in cr4.jpg
troopy in cr5.jpg

Another diesel 80, 40 series and a 70 from the local communications company--these guys run a pile of pickups, troopies and swb 70's.
diesel 80 in cr2.jpg
swb in cr.jpg
swb in cr2.jpg

Sweet. Dibs on the mustard 45, seen a bunch of 45 pickups when I was down in Costa Rica too, would have given my left nut for some of those nice looking diesel pickups. Sat in the plane on the trip back with a dude from the states that lives down there now and he says he was once thinking of exporting them to the states as they usually go for around $5000, so there is room for profits, even after shipping. I think I have a picture of the exact same black 75 pickup in my Costa Rica thread on the Swamp Donkey page:hillbilly:
Cheers,
Deny

love it... remind me of my trip to australia... every time we saw a 70 I'd say "I want that truck!" and the girls would say " yes... we know... "

kinda reminds me of what my girlfriend says after i see any nice 70 series cruiser.

Just a not to the O.P. the pig has a 3BII in it not a 1HZ.....

Sweet. Dibs on the mustard 45, seen a bunch of 45 pickups when I was down in Costa Rica too, would have given my left nut for some of those nice looking diesel pickups. Sat in the plane on the trip back with a dude from the states that lives down there now and he says he was once thinking of exporting them to the states as they usually go for around $5000, so there is room for profits, even after shipping. I think I have a picture of the exact same black 75 pickup in my Costa Rica thread on the Swamp Donkey page:hillbilly:
Cheers,
Deny

Yeah that black one was in Monteverde, and some of the shots you got look really familiar as well. A proper side drive troopy or 80 would be pretty cool that's for sure!:grinpimp:
And yeah the novelty of "hey there's another cruiser, quick gimme the camera" got to be a bit much for the significant other...:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom