1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Center console screen rebooted?

Discussion in '200-Series Cruisers' started by alsation, Feb 12, 2018.

1. alsation

alsation

So, I'm driving today on the speaker phone w the nav system running in the 2016 LC. The call gets dropped, the screen freezes. Can't get it to do anything didn't respond to touching the screen, tried using commands from the steering wheel buttons. No result except the little center screen said "processing". Then about 15 mins later the big screen goes blank then says something about a disc and a graphic came on the screen that said something like "reloading, don't turn off power".

Anybody else experience this. Is this just something that happens and I have to live with or take it to the dealer or is some other action required?

2. Sandroad

Sandroad SILVER Star

So what eventually happened. Did it complete the "reloading" and start working again, or is it still stuck? I've not read of any other reports on MUD like this, other than the one post last summer.

3. alsation

alsation

Yep it reloaded then worked as before. Found another guys post on here but he didn't tell us how it ended. I'll post a link when I find it again. Navigation screen malfunction 2016 LC

4. alsation

alsation

5. LALC

LALC

There's a TSB for excessive rebooting if you ever see that, but mine has done it only once in 30k miles

alsation likes this.
  6. RobRed

RobRed

Media:
    My 2017 has done it (random reboot) 2-3 times in it's first 8000 miles if thats a reference for you. I haven't taken any action on it.

7. cru1s3r

cru1s3r

Media:
    Albums:
    Same here with my 2017.

8. RobRed

RobRed

Media:
    IS there a pattern here?

9. paul r

paul r

Media:
    My 2016 Tundra has this issue. Super annoying. Seems to happen most when Siri gets activated on my phone.

10. RobRed

RobRed

Media:
    It's kind of feeling like it's a software problem not hardware - seems to be phone related for me as well. Doesn't mitigate the annoyance.

11. Somebody

Somebody

I have a 2016. I reported a similar problem to my dealer, and they replaced the head unit. It fixed an issue with the nav mileage being displayed incorrectly in the dash (off by a factor of 10) and allegedly helped with the reboot/freezing issues. I think it has frozen once in 6 months since then.

12. Somebody

Somebody

Also, if your nav freezes, push and hold the radio power button (volume knob) and it will reboot after about 10 seconds.

13. alsation

alsation

It may be a phone issue. I was talking on the speaker phone when the screen froze and it kicked me off the call. There after I had to use the handset un til the reboot was completed.

14. 97Deac

97Deac

This occasionally happens in my 2015 too. Usually when I hang up one call and make another call quickly. Doesn't drop the call, just have to use the handset until the reboot finishes. Has probably happened 5 times in the last year.

15. sleak

sleak

My 2016 had a freeze problem within a few months of delivery. Just rebooting didn't help. Talking to the dealership and engineers eventually came up with the solution: disconnect the battery (neg) and leave it off for at least 15 minutes. Something must reset completely.
    Came back on good as new after, and I haven't had any problems since.