Navigation screen malfunction 2016 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My family and I were about 200 miles into a trip when the buttons under the screen quit responding and the screen was locked on my home screen. It was no longer updating the range or mpgs just frozen. A few minutes later the whole screen just went dark and then came back up as if I had just started the car (we were driving the entire time). Did it again after refueling. Prior to this I've had zero issues with it and I've had the truck for 18 months. Is this an indication that I need to have the unit replaced? Thanks for your help.

Have you run ever the firmware update? I have 16 as well. I don't remember what the issue was but few months back people reported a problem. I have not seen any comments on nav issues since then. I have made the update as well and have not notice issues but keep it in black screen mode all the time.

Curious about this problem, the exact same problem occurred to me today! Did you find a solution?

There was another thread about this. My 2016 had a nav/entertainment freeze halfway through the first year. Rebooting didn't work; eventually they found an engineer that prescribed disconnecting the battery for at least 15 min. Something reset completely, worked fine since.

I mentioned in a separate thread that my dealer replaced my head unit to resolve this issue. It seemed a little excessive. The new head unit works fine. The navigation distances that can be shown in the center dash are now correct, too. They were previously off by a factor of 10. For example, 22 miles to the next turn would be displayed as 2.2 miles. That's now fixed.

If your nav freezes in the future, push and hold the volume button for a few seconds. The whole thing will reboot and start working again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom