Center Arm rebuild Question-Seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.billetriflesystems.com
Hey Mud,

Just rebuilt the center arm on my 77' and I can't get the seal to sit in its home and stay there. Could I possibly have the wrong seal? The rebuild kit came from cruisercorp.

Ideas?

IMG_8576.JPG

IMG_8577.JPG

IMG_8578.JPG

Ok, I've flipped the seal. I'm used to seals going a bit deeper than this. Now that I have the center arm seal orientation correct, am I retarded that I can't get it to seat all the way or does it look correct?

IMG_8580.JPG

If that's as far as it goes, then it is as far as it goes. It's quite possible that the aftermarket sleeve is slightly longer than the factory one, taking up part of the seat area for the seal.

@powthief19 please let us know how she drives after the rebuild, and how did you know it was time for a rebuild? Is there a shake test to feel for play or anything? Thanks for posting...................

@powthief19 please let us know how she drives after the rebuild, and how did you know it was time for a rebuild? Is there a shake test to feel for play or anything? Thanks for posting...................
I will post back up once i do get this thing running...hopefully this summer. I had a buddy turn the wheel back and forth while i had my hand on the center arm joint, then i got to see that there was a major amount of slop in the system.

Wow, that noticeable.............. Have to check mine

Thanks for the write-up!

What was the ballpark time for this repair, for you? Trying to plan out some time to do the same thing on my '77.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom