CDS FAN?????? Please assist. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 96 Land Cruiser (LOVE IT) but when I replacing my dome light fuse, I noticed a CDS FAN fuse that was missing. I see that there are 2 types of fuses for this in 2 different places (same fuse box)What is a CDS FAN?? Does this have anything to do with my AC? My AC does not work nor does it even smell like it needs to be recharged. It does not turn on at all. I am kinda hoping it has something to do with that.:crybaby:

Thank you

Welcome to Mud! Kiss you $ and your spare time goodbye...

If your 80 is a US spec vehicle the CDS Fan fuse and relay holder will have no wiring connected to it since it wasn't an option in North America.

It is for a AC condensor fan that mounts behind the grill in front of the condensor to keep the AC cold.

You can wire it up, I did. I used a 2nd generation 4Runner fan instead of the $200+ JDM fan. I wired it via the AC pressure switch (plug between battery and left headlights.) Two wire connections are open in that plug. Wire one to ground and the other to CDS relay. There are several threads where this is discussed. There is a write up on this by someone with the screen name Sumotoy and 96r50 wrote a how to on using that relay location to wire up on board air compressor. Both threads will yield what you are looking for.

If you can't find them, post up & I can search back and post it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom