CDL switch not engaging (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys I am aware that this has been tackled before but I am having a bit of a headache.
I have a 1996 1FZ-FE. Recently my father put a new battery in reverse and it blew the fusible link. Since then the CDL switch will not engage on 4H and ABS light is constantly on. However if I put the transfer in 4L the centre Diff will engage no problem. Could it be a faulty relay??

Honestly, it sounds like it could be a lot of things. Reversing polarity negated most of your overcurrent protection, which could result in fried comonents, melted wires, etc. You'll need an electrical manual, a multi-meter, and time. Lots of time.

I would the two events are unrelated. Presumable the fuseable link did its job, blew and protected the rest of the system. Otherwise, there is a ton of stuff that would have been effected besides this solitary switch.

Check the fuses in the panel by your knee. Try temporarilysnapping in your hazard switch. It works the same as the CDL switch. If that fixes the problem. You need a new switch.

I would the two events are unrelated. Presumable the fuseable link did its job, blew and protected the rest of the system. Otherwise, there is a ton of stuff that would have been effected besides this solitary switch.

Check the fuses in the panel by your knee. Try temporarilysnapping in your hazard switch. It works the same as the CDL switch. If that fixes the problem. You need a new switch.

Thanks. I have swapped the switch over with the hazard switch and works just fine. I have just noticed last night that the cruise control and Air con are also not working. That seems to be the only other problems. Well the radio did blow out too but that has been removed

Thanks. I have swapped the switch over with the hazard switch and works just fine. I have just noticed last night that the cruise control and Air con are also not working. That seems to be the only other problems. Well the radio did blow out too but that has been removed
An update. I had another blown fuse and the ABS light that was constant is now off and cruise control is working. CDL switch still does nothing ie does not engage CDL and does not switch off ABS

It's possible the CDL module is fried too. I blew mine up when I plugged in one of the similar plugs in the area.

It's in the driver kick pannel, behind the ABS module.

It's possible the CDL module is fried too. I blew mine up when I plugged in one of the similar plugs in the area.

It's in the driver kick pannel, behind the ABS module.

Thanks Whitrzac that’s my next move. When you refer to the CDL module to you mean the relay?

but if its coming on with 4Low the module/relay is working then and its likely the switch, no?

did you mean the hazard switch operates the CDL ok, or that the CDL switch operates your hazards?

but if its coming on with 4Low the module/relay is working then and its likely the switch, no?

did you mean the hazard switch operates the CDL ok, or that the CDL switch operates your hazards?
I have a hazard switch to operate the CDL which is interchangeable with the actual hazard switch. When I swap them over the hazards still works so the CDL switch is fine. When I used to press the switch I could here the relay click but not anymore. However when using the transfer 4L it clicks fine and engages CDL.

Blower is still not working but his is probably a separate issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom