Builds CbeckFJ build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MtMi6S5pKenCdgez5

Say hello to my rusty '99. Purchased in April 2018 for $6k. Currently planning on taking the engine out and putting it in my fj40, and buying a rust free 100 down south. Figured some people would like to actually see the truck and what it looks like.

4.7 into a 40 would be cool.

What are your plans with the roller once the engine is out?
move the interior into the new truck, switch over any good parts worth keeping. Donate the rest to cruiser parts to use.

Currently finding a way to attatch a manual transmission to a 2uz-fe. Seems impossible. Also, the serpentine belt on the LC snapped, most likely due to one of the parts the belt rotates around, not moving.

I have no idea how different a 1UZ is from a 2UZ, but there were plenty of guys with SC400s swapping in manual transmissions. They used W58s and I think one even had an R154. I do know of a guy who put a 4.7 into his SC400 and I'm pretty sure he was running a Supra 6-speed.

There was shop called Quantum something or other in Florida that make the adapter plates for the SCs. I bought one to swap into my car but never ended up getting around to it.

Currently finding a way to attatch a manual transmission to a 2uz-fe. Seems impossible. Also, the serpentine belt on the LC snapped, most likely due to one of the parts the belt rotates around, not moving.

Theres a giy selling a belhousing here in the classifieds that can mate a manual to the 2uz

For Sale - H151 to 2UZ Bellhousing

I have no idea how different a 1UZ is from a 2UZ, but there were plenty of guys with SC400s swapping in manual transmissions. They used W58s and I think one even had an R154. I do know of a guy who put a 4.7 into his SC400 and I'm pretty sure he was running a Supra 6-speed.

There was shop called Quantum something or other in Florida that make the adapter plates for the SCs. I bought one to swap into my car but never ended up getting around to it.
I heard something about a supra transmission working with a 2uz, but never seen it done. Interesting

sadly, an H151 only hooks up to foreign market 2uz's, meaning i would have to source an ECU from overseas.
@ToyotaIsLife might be able to help source one

Ive honestly never seen or heard of a manual 2UZ setup until that for sale ad. Does anyone have any pictures that show a manual wiht 2UZ from the factory?

@ToyotaIsLife might be able to help source one

Ive honestly never seen or heard of a manual 2UZ setup until that for sale ad. Does anyone have any pictures that show a manual wiht 2UZ from the factory?
There was one picture in a thread on here, but I dont know the title

Look up ScottURNOTT on club Lexus in the SC forum. I'm almost positive he was running a manual 4.7 swap.
He's running a modified 4.7 swap and a getrag 6 speed from a supra.

Figured i'd update this thread. Engine seized up a little while ago and i'm just now digging into it. The serpentine belt snapped and one of the pullies stopped turning. I did a bit of research and I think the fan pulley might be broken

Updating this thread. I found a 2005 LX in Ocala FL with 288,000 miles. My grandfather is checking it out and if everything looks right we are going to head down in April (school vacation) to pick it up.

Just bought the '05. Beautiful truck, not an ounce of rust, taken to the dealer every 5k miles. Going to pick it up in April during school vacation.

20190306_172934.jpg

20190306_172948.jpg

Make sure to Fluid Film the hell out of that thing if you plan on winter driving it. Otherwise it’s a waste with all the salt you guys get. Congrats!

Make sure to Fluid Film the hell out of that thing if you plan on winter driving it. Otherwise it’s a waste with all the salt you guys get. Congrats!
Thanks! It's gonna get fluid filmed a lot around October. November is when the snow typically arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom