Cb radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I had one I mounted a Cobra remote head under the console with the plug through the unused AHC panel. I hung the remote head off a trucker grade retractable cable attached to the PS sun visor. I have since gone HAM since it is so much easier, cheaper, and WAY better range.

When I had one I mounted a Cobra remote head under the console with the plug through the unused AHC panel. I hung the remote head off a trucker grade retractable cable attached to the PS sun visor. I have since gone HAM since it is so much easier, cheaper, and WAY better range.
I really want to do a HAM radio but only one person in my club uses one so its kinda pointless as of right now. I do like the idea of it hanging though for easy access. Did you have a passenger while using?

Yes, but since it is mounted in the console through the AHC panel and hung on the left latch for the PS sun visor using a heavy duty trucker retractable cord (steel cable in a housing with a clip) it never got in the way.

I do not know how large your CB radio is, but I may have went larger than most. I could not find a place which was accessible to me and not in the way. What I went with, was mounting it near my legs, positioned close the seat. I used some bolts and a spacer I bought from the hardware store (I think intended to be used for securing metal cables) to secure the radio bracket to the plastic near the bottom of the console. The radio unit is attached at an incline, which my left leg rests against. It fits there very comfortable and I have plenty of leg room, which I need because I am 6'6".

IMG_6122.JPG

IMG_6126.JPG

thats where i put my radio for now. i didnt want a CB but then i ended up buying one when i saw the Anytone Smart CB. i picked it up on sale for $60 and installed it only to find out its not a CB, but a 10m radio that has potential CB capabilities... so another $3-40 and i have a CB and 10m in one... -i dont know what was done to it or how the guys got it to work etc. i took it to a shop and let them deal with it -they were the ones who found out it wasnt a CB like advertised. im pretty sure im pushing more than 4w though lol. needless to say i dont use it that often.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom