CB INSTALL Example! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, its been flooding here so I haven't been able to get pictures yet but I did get my Ham Sticks in and installed the 75 meter. Where I have the mount, up high on the hatch, it puts my antenna up to about 13-14 feet. I have run similar antennas before but forgot how it alters my driving styly. Now I ahve to look for trees and steer to pass the antenna through the higest clearing. It makes my wife very nervous, as she is already nervous enough as it is. She never knows when I am going to decide to venture off road and I guess it scares her. Oh well...

I may decide to put the mount down lower on the hatch or perhaps down on the bottom edge of the gate. I think the gate would be better since running the cable would be simpler but I will wait and see. I think the majior radiation is comming from the stinger top section and even with the base down on the gate, the top will still be above the roof therefore shouldn't adversley effect the impedance, bandwidth and over all performance.

I'll try to get some pictures today if it doesn't start raining again.

Mark

What? Lower the antenna? Go military - long cord with some bungie tied to front bumper.. Step 2, paint the truck in olive drab

I especially like the basketball hoop mounted on the roof rack. :D

IMG_1000.jpg

Hey, well the kids and squirls in the neighborhood sure do enjoy it when I come rolling through, not to mention the great passtime activity it provides while running errands with the wife on weekends! ;) ;) ;)

[hijack]
Imagery, I did a double take at you rig. Thought it was mine at first. Well when it used to look pretty at least. I know your in Beumont but LSLC Houston would love to have you hook up with us. I'm the only 80 :(
Also as a side note if your into wheeling we have a huge national event coming up in March that promises to be fun for the whole family unit. Let me know if you ever want to go wheeling as Gilmer is not to far away.
:cheers:
Nick

Imagery....... very nice rig!

Can you shoot me a PM with details about the lift?

Imagery - Actually since this thread is already highjacked why not post your rigs details here?

[insert blank line to easy the eyes]

I'd like to know the details on the lift as well as which front bumper are you sporting on that handsome rig. :cheers:

Riley

Also as a side note if your into wheeling we have a huge national event coming up in March that promises to be fun for the whole family unit. Let me know if you ever want to go wheeling as Gilmer is not to far away.
:cheers:
Nick

Hey Nick, I would really like to hear more about the upcomming National event. And I would like to hook up with you guys over there in Houston. We just simply don't have that much around here as far as groups, and particularly not a Land Cruiser group. Email me or PM me with any more details and perhaps any registration info you have. Where exactly is Gilmer? Sounds like you have found it to be a good place to go wheeling.

Details on my Cruiser are really not that numerous but here they are.

ARB Winch Bull Bar, with no winch mounted at this time as I am waiting for my new 12K waren. lights on Bull Bar are Hella Black Magic with lamps upgraded to 100W. Factory headlamps upgraded to Hella 85w/100w Zenon white light, waiting on slee to reproduce moer harnesses so I can get full power on the new lamps. Tradesman full length roof rack w/mash floor, and lights mounted on front are Hella 1000's FF. Just put on the Safari Snorkel with K&N filter a couple weeks ago and a new Flow Master 50 series muffler on the exhaust.

Tires are new BFG MT 305's, have DBR rotors all four. Suspension was recently upgraded as well from the Medium load setup to the current Heavy 2.5'' OME package.

Inside, I have a set of the Olke custom Neoprine seat covers installed to prevent further wear on the leathers which are still in pretty good condition. We have a Milford full rear cargo barrier. Nothing under the hood except for a single yellow top Optima but with plans on installing the dual battery kit from Slee very soon, like when the winch is ready to go on and I will be adding a mobil HF 500w amplifier to the radio rig. I alredy need to have everything seperated from the cranking battery so soon will do all that. Slee rear bumper w/tire mount is in near plans as well. This weekend, I am going to LineX the flares but I'm just going to paint them on the truck instead of pulling them.

Let me know if you have any questions as I could have forgotten something but I think that is all I have done to this point. Doesn't seem like that much since I have been adding t it now for 5-6 years. I have 112K on the odometer.

Mark,

Where you keepin' your spare???? Inside?

Jody.

That's it. I couldn't figure out why Mark's truck looked so clean but it's the lack of the spare tucked underneath.

Imagery

Suspension was recently upgraded as well from the Medium load setup to the current Heavy 2.5'' OME package.

I was wondering if you still have the medium load springs laying around. If you do and you want to get rid of them, I know of a LC that could really use them.

Tom

One other thing you can do is run your CB speaker out or line out if has it (which is better) to an aux in on your aftermarket radio if it has it. Then you run your radio in the aux position with the CB on and you get it through all of your stereo speakers.

Personally, I've been running my Radio Shack (small Uniden) in dash below my Sony head unit running an external speaker with velcro on it which I velcro to my headrest when 4 wheeling. When not in use I stuff it under the driver's seat.

[quote author=Outback link=board=2;threadid=4584;start=msg51664#msg51664 date=1066336341]
Mark,

Where you keepin' your spare???? Inside?

Jody.
[/quote] Well to tell you the truth, I haven't been carrying the spare for a couple months now. I know I am pushing my luck but sometimes I have been known to do just that. I am really waiting until I get my new rear bumper w/spare tire carrier. When I am going out of town, I will put the spare up on the rack but that ain't exactly the easiest thing to do. For years I have had my spare but either no jack or tire tools because I used them around the garadge and didn't put them back in the truck. I ran into a problem only once but with luck I was able to find someone with a lug wrench to fit my Metric lugs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom