Caster angles and handling effects (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine only has 7 positions, that's weird?

Edit - never mind, there's another hole further around before position 1 but that's only there for installation and can't be used for caster correction, I think you were counting that one as well?
yes, by your pic your in hole 8 if you go by the numbering in the fitting instructions

Hmm, I may have changed my mind about running this much caster Just went for drive at higher speeds and tighter corners and I don't like it at all. It feels great on corner entry but mid corner it feels like the front end suddenly gets more grip and throws me off line and feels really uncomfortable. I might go back down a few holes. It's a shame because it was great at not wandering and holding straight line with very little steering input but I don't think I can live with how aggressive it grips while cornering now. Anyways it's been great trying all these settings out and seeing how it effects driving performance

After more playing around and testing I worked out it was the toe angles I wasn't happy with and not the caster. I've pretty much tried all combinations of caster and toe angles and really prefer the driving characteristics of the caster in the highest setting and a few mm of toe out. Very interesting lil experiment which I had previously had no idea about and always let the tyre shop set it all up. So glad I took the effort to see what it all does and how it changes the steering, my vehicle is so much more enjoyable to drive now.

Do any of you guys with higher caster numbers have vibration in the front driveline, and if so, what height lift are you running? I just went down to 3" Slinky lift from 4" Slee lift, running Slee radius arms and DC drive shaft, and am getting a fairly pronounced vibration between 40 and 45 mph.

I have never seen caster correction plates like this. A real great piece of engineering. Where did you get them from?

I am running a 6” Superior engineering lift kit on mine. With there radius arms my caster was at 0’. My truck ran terrible I have set it to 3’ and it runs fantastic on the open road. I have picked up a death wobble that I need to sort out.
Manual locking hubs in front so I can’t comment on the drive shaft vibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom