Carpet Dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
Im thinking on replace the floor carpets on my truck, so I will like to know if someone has CAD file or blue print of the floor carpets dimensions etc, on a Land Cruise 1997.

Also what kind of material do you guys recommend

Regards

I just did this last weekend. I bought my carpet from a vendor on eBay, they then made it molded like the factory and got it to me in four days less than $300. The carpet is larger dimension to allow for trimming. I tried to install it by feel at first but ended up using the old carpet to mark my lines with chalk and it made it much easier. Make sure you put all of your bolts in the truck after removing the chairs and old carpet so,that you can feel for them and cut around them when installing the new. I,did not glue anything yet, I may not need to but want to wait for everything to settle. I'm glad I did it, it was hard work but worth it and I did it myself. Here are the steps.
1 remove your trim, seats and center console, this is easy.
2 remove your old carpet but don't discard it yet. Remove all of the plastic parts from your carpet, even if you have to cut the threads off some to do so.
3 remove the old jute, wd40 will get the glued stuff off super fast with a wire brush.
4 wipe everything clean
5 reinstall any bolts you removed
6 install any extra insulation you want like dynamat, I used raamat and was very happy
7 lay down new jute, no need to trim yet
8 turn old carpet over new carpet and trace with chalk, then cut out allowing an inch or so extra in case you made a mistake. Note specifically the seat holes that are cut and that the jute near those holes is cut back a lot.
9 lay new carpet in truck, trim as necessary, add seats and then trim enjoy.

Good luck, mine was worth it for sure. I even changed carpet color and am pleased.
Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom