Car Transport Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to purchase an FJ62 and have it shipped from IL to TX. Any recommendations on transport companies or most cost effective way of doing this? I tried search function but didn’t find much. Thanks!

Several years ago I was considering having my cruiser transported and I went to ONE website and requested a quote. Don’t recall what it was. Just a Google search.
Soon afterwards I got maybe a dozen offers from different hauling companies. I was inundated with offers.

I suspect if you do the same thing (request a quote from a transport service) you’ll likely experience the same.

Summit auto transport is run by a guy on here FWIW

I’d highly recommend Summit Auto Transport. Aaron ( @Riverrunner ) helped me ship my 62 from AL to MT last summer. Great communication, and helped guide me through my first time shipping a vehicle. He even got it shipped ahead of schedule, and in an enclosed trailer for the same price as an open trailer.

Summit transportation, I have shipped several with Aaron.

be warned... If you put your info into one of those get a shipping quote sites, you will get calls, emails and texts for many months to come.

I wish I knew about Summit two weeks ago. I just shipped a vehicle to TX and it was a pain in my butt (with a carrier I found through yelp).

I've found the Auto shipping industry to be opaque, convoluted, and lacking in accountability. If someone is on 'MUD and multiple people recommend them I would choose them over price any day of the week.

I wish I knew about Summit also... shipped a car from NJ to CA last August with Montway Auto Transport, a broker. Like everyone else said, prepare to be inundated with shipping quotes and offers. I probably got 10 calls a day for like 4 weeks after submitting one quote online.

Montway was pretty good though honestly. Cross country worked out to be about $0.50 / mile and I paid with a cashier's check, so I avoided the credit card fees and extra BS. They missed the deadline by 1 day (Sunday instead of Saturday) but the car was here in about 7 days and in good shape. Next time, I'm definitely going Summit though...

Based on Recommendations after posting in Chat, I used summit for transport from Phoenix to L.A. Perfect. Drivers were great and helped me get the car into driveway. I bought them lunch. Saved me from flying out and driving back. Wouldn't hesitate to use again.

Go with Summit.

@MotoLx - As an IL resident it seems odd anyone from TX would be importing one from here (The Rust Belt) to the SW (FJ Paradise).

I used Summit to ship my 62 form KY to IL. Great experience.
Half a year later I needed to ship my Volvo V90 Polestar from CA to IL and used Supreme Auto Imports. Had a referral from someone that used them many times and price came in a lot cheaper than Summit for that trip. Used Cars Oakland Park FL | Used Cars & Trucks FL | Supreme Auto Imports - https://www.supremeautoimports.com/

@MotoLx - As an IL resident it seems odd anyone from TX would be importing one from here (The Rust Belt) to the SW (FJ Paradise).

I used Summit to ship my 62 form KY to IL. Great experience.
Half a year later I needed to ship my Volvo V90 Polestar from CA to IL and used Supreme Auto Imports. Had a referral from someone that used them many times and price came in a lot cheaper than Summit for that trip. Used Cars Oakland Park FL | Used Cars & Trucks FL | Supreme Auto Imports - https://www.supremeautoimports.com/
Guy actually bought it from someone in GA a few months ago and decided it was not what he wanted. I’m going through due diligence to make sure all is good before committing but seems rust free.

Summit auto transport is run by a guy on here FWIW

I’d highly recommend Summit Auto Transport. Aaron ( @Riverrunner ) helped me ship my 62 from AL to MT last summer. Great communication, and helped guide me through my first time shipping a vehicle. He even got it shipped ahead of schedule, and in an enclosed trailer for the same price as an open trailer.

I also recommend and vouch for Aaron at Summit Auto Transport. East to work with. Great communication.

Another +1 for Aaron.

Summit transportation, I have shipped several with Aaron.

Another vote for @Riverrunner
Thanks, Gentlemen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom