Can you install 97 LX 450 engine on 94 fzj80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would like to learn about your experience if you had your LC engine replaced with similar engine from another donor car? I have LC 94 w/HG that's been sitting there for a while and I want to do engine replacement and saw a recked 97 LX with 180K engine for sale. Could this work and what gotchas should be prepping for? thanks!

They have the same long block, but different manifolds and management. So the engine replacement would be a straight re and re job. At 19 years old even the "new " engine might need some refreshing.

They have the same long block, but different manifolds and management. So the engine replacement would be a straight re and re job. At 19 years old even the "new " engine might need some refreshing.
Thanks. In terms of refreshing, is there something specific you would suggest to replace on the donor engine outside of flushing fluids, cracked hoses, sealings?

Depends on the miles on the engine. Over 150k and I'd think about replacing the HG and getting the head serviced while it is out of the truck. Fuel injector service, too.

Depends on the miles on the engine. Over 150k and I'd think about replacing the HG and getting the head serviced while it is out of the truck. Fuel injector service, too.

Any idea on what it would cost to have a mechanic do all that work? remove old engine from the 94, refresh & install donor engine from LX 450?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom