Can I yank this? Is it Lexus built in cellular? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve removed a bunch of the interior trim, headliner and panels from my 98 LX470 for a few reasons. Mainly to address some leaks. One of the leaks comes from the upper rear quarter glass it leaks between the glass and the seal. There is something attached on the glass and the water leaks around this. See the photo of the upper glass. The second photo shows a black box tucked in the right rear quarter and the wire from the top of that box is a coax and goes to the thing on the top of the glass. The wire was tucked into a fold of the window seal. I should note that the truck has an old mount with a couple rj45 connectors in the upper compartment on the center console. I’m assuming this thing had the Lexus cell phone system in it. is that black box a cellular device? The bundle of wire in my hand in third pic shows the wires leading to the black box. Some of those wire feed back to the truck so not all go to the black box. Those that do go to the black box connect to it with an old parallel computer style connector.

The fourth pic shows another wire coming from the front of the truck and connecting to a terminal on the front lower corner of the glass. I’ve read that these things had two radio antennas, one is the auto antenna on the front fender and the second is on this back quarter glass. I’m assuming this is the second radio antenna. Is that correct?

If that black box is a cellular device, have any of you removed this stuff? any issues if I disconnect it and pitch it? Is there some computer somewhere that’s gonna freak out and set off the alarm or disable something else or light up some error lights?

IMG_4460.jpeg

IMG_4458.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_4459.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom