Can a 1991 oem radiator or equivalent be bought ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

both my 94 and 97 have had the radiators replaced, the 97 a cheep one then a year later a toyota unit (yes it didn't even last year) , the 94 has a toyorad, same box and identical radiator as toyota, now I got 15 years out of the first plastic and aluminum toyota radiator , hoping for the same,

toyorad's with the trans cooler run about 250.... now I dont know if the 3fe and 1fz rad's will interchange....but might be worth a look,

I just replaced mine in my 91
Got it off amazon for around $300. All metal. Fits perfect.
"Spectra Premium CU1469 Complete Radiator."

I also have my old radiator. Not sure if it can be repaired. If your interested.

Tell me if this is true: (beno?)

So if the manual transmission 1HZ and 1HD radiator fits in a USDM 91-92 FJ80, that means that if I found an automatic transmission diesel radiator, it would also fit, and the transmission lines could go into it like a normal 3F-E radiator?

Something like this for example:

Aluminum radiator for Landcruiser HDJ80 / HZJ80 1HZ/1HD 4.2L Diesel 1990-1998 AT | eBay

would be a better option than any of the aftermarket plastic tank ones that cost way more?

I believe the original one could be repaired by a radiator repair guy but I could be wrong. There is a shop here where I am that can open and rebuild brass radiators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom