Camping/trip locations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I would like to see if we could compile a list of areas that you guys would recommend to folks on here for wheeling/camping trips , maybe get a little list going of places in your state that you recommend and things to do , for example
Moab,Utah- off-roading(hells revenge) , mountain biking ( whole enchilada ) or something like that. It would be sweet to hear from people on here while I travel through their states to be able to check out places people recommend that aren’t overrun campgrounds. Or maybe there’s something like that on here that I’m missing .

Most of the best sites you don’t find online publicly.

However iOverlander is a very good starting point. Keep in mind it has hundreds of thousands of users.

A mud version would be cool, but to keep the good sites good it’s best to keep them private
yeah I agree , but keeping them private is the difficult part. I’ve never heard of iOverlander , I’ll check it out.

For any western state with lots of public BLM or NFS land I have found a great resource is the BLM or NFS field offices. They usually have multiple locations across a state.

You can drop in or call and get all kinds of recommendations for whatever your wanting to do. Plus you can usually get free land use maps and purchase more detailed maps of areas.

Also this is a great way to make sure you are up to date on primitive camping rules, current fire restrictions, seasonal road closures, and other regulations.

Just get yourself a forest service map and MVUM and start exploring Possibilities are endless in state lands, national forest, BLM land.

Most of the best sites you don’t find online publicly.

However iOverlander is a very good starting point. Keep in mind it has hundreds of thousands of users.

A mud version would be cool, but to keep the good sites good it’s best to keep them private
Yep, would have to ruin all the good spots and show up and someone has taken my favorite spot.

Camping spots are like fishing holes. The best ones need to be found, not put out publicly

Camping spots are like fishing holes. The best ones need to be found, not put out publicly
Agreed. If you need to logon to a forum to ask where to go to camping, you're doing it all wrong.

Now if you have narrowed down some options and scanned a few maps and need some specific info on an area, well then I'm all for helping.

Agreed. If you need to logon to a forum to ask where to go to camping, you're doing it all wrong.

Now if you have narrowed down some options and scanned a few maps and need some specific info on an area, well then I'm all for helping.
Dang didn’t know I was expected to know good camping spots in all 50 states . I think you guys are reading into this all wrong . I didn’t mean exact coordinates and exact spots where you camp at . I meant ideas of national forests , or towns to visit . When I was a wildland firefighter I camped in some amazing places. Granted it was for work, but I drove through towns and saw parts of the states that many will never see , not even “overlanders”. It’s always better to hear from people rather than listening to an app with generic locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom