Camping this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone going anywhere interesting this weekend for overnight camping? Looking for something to do with Liz and the dogs and don't really want to venture out too far alone. Water would be a plus. Let me know what you have going on and if you are willing to share!

Maybe drive through and camp at horseshoe lake

Looking at Schnebly Hill Road. Really enjoyed our last trip up there a few years back. 62 overnight, maybe some rain today to cool things off. Thoughts?

Grand Canyon....just my GF and I. Probably 5 plus hours to camp spot..staying two nights..leaving tomorrow morning.. Anyone is more than welcome to join in...

Looking at Schnebly Hill Road. Really enjoyed our last trip up there a few years back. 62 overnight, maybe some rain today to cool things off. Thoughts?

Probably a little cooler than 62 overnight. The two online temperatures I find for Happy Jack lately range from the high forties to the low fifties for the lows. Weather has been great up on the rim all summer. Biggest issue this weekend getting up north is interstate 17 or state route 87.

Us, a good weekend to get caught up on things around the house, go see a movie, and lay around eating while watching football.;)

Anyone going anywhere interesting this weekend for overnight camping? Looking for something to do with Liz and the dogs and don't really want to venture out too far alone. Water would be a plus. Let me know what you have going on and if you are willing to share!

The bf, dog and I were thinking of doing at least a one-nighter this weekend but haven't a clue where to go (just moved here a couple months ago). I was about to begin research and saw this thread, so if you do decide on a spot and wouldn't mind company, let me know... Our dog loves other pups! :)

The bf, dog and I were thinking of doing at least a one-nighter this weekend but haven't a clue where to go (just moved here a couple months ago). I was about to begin research and saw this thread, so if you do decide on a spot and wouldn't mind company, let me know... Our dog loves other pups! :)
Here's the tentative plan... Heading out early tomorrow for Sedona. Plan to hike the West Fork trail to tire out the dogs. We are bringing all of them so it should be a goat rodeo. Once we have them tired out, we plan to head up Schnebly Hill Road and try to find a camping spot in the pines. We will be staying overnight and then heading to Prescott to visit a (dog friendly) Vineyard there, then back home to Phoenix toward evening.

We have not been able to make contact yet with the vineyard to make sure they are open so that part (as well as most of this trip) is a work in-progress.

Anyone wishing to camp with us is welcome. I will post GPS coordinates to our campsite if there is adequate cell coverage up there. If you have a HAM radio and plan to come, let me know. I will monitor 146.460 after we setup camp.

I am hoping someone from our previous trip a LONG TIME AGO (maybe @Stepmurr, @Rudster or @LandCruiserPhil) jotted down the GPS coordinates so I can find that spot again.

Cell is (480) 208-8882 but not sure we will be in-range most of the day. Send a text message if you want to get in-touch with us and hopefully we will get it at some point.

Here's the tentative plan... Heading out early tomorrow for Sedona. Plan to hike the West Fork trail to tire out the dogs. We are bringing all of them so it should be a goat rodeo. Once we have them tired out, we plan to head up Schnebly Hill Road and try to find a camping spot in the pines. We will be staying overnight and then heading to Prescott to visit a (dog friendly) Vineyard there, then back home to Phoenix toward evening.

We have not been able to make contact yet with the vineyard to make sure they are open so that part (as well as most of this trip) is a work in-progress.

Anyone wishing to camp with us is welcome. I will post GPS coordinates to our campsite if there is adequate cell coverage up there. If you have a HAM radio and plan to come, let me know. I will monitor 146.460 after we setup camp.

I am hoping someone from our previous trip a LONG TIME AGO (maybe @Stepmurr, @Rudster or @LandCruiserPhil) jotted down the GPS coordinates so I can find that spot again.

Cell is (480) 208-8882 but not sure we will be in-range most of the day. Send a text message if you want to get in-touch with us and hopefully we will get it at some point.

Sounds like a nice plan. We will most likely try to find you later in the day... No HAM but if you're able to post coordinates we should definitely be able to locate you. If not, well, we'll probably just find a spot on our own up around there somewhere. If we're 100% coming up your way I'll try to text.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Post pics and such when your return. Thx

If you are referring to the mudbog campsite we hit after the 2013 Broken Arrow ROTM it was just off FR-801.

@34.8812333,-111.6890753

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d34.8811667!4d-111.6743833

Here is a picture @LandCruiserPhil took that night:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/img_6448-jpg.783560/

July ROTM led by @Rudster

Run of the month - july

Well as luck would have it Liz woke up and seems to have a head cold. Looks like we will be staying around town this weekend. Maybe for the best as I do hate rookie weekend...

If you are referring to the mudbog campsite we hit after the 2013 Broken Arrow ROTM it was just off FR-801.

@34.8812333,-111.6890753

https://www.google.com/maps/place/34°52'52.2"N+111°40'27.8"W/@34.8812333,-111.6890753,14.19z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d34.8811667!4d-111.6743833

Here is a picture @LandCruiserPhil took that night:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/img_6448-jpg.783560/

July ROTM led by @Rudster

Run of the month - july
I knew I could count on Stepmurr to get us those coordinates! Thanks!!

Well as luck would have it Liz woke up and seems to have a head cold. Looks like we will be staying around town this weekend. Maybe for the best as I do hate rookie weekend...

Aw too bad, maybe we'll meet up next time! Hope she feels better.

Was coming down from Payson Friday night @ 8pm and there was at least a 20 miles backup bumper to bumper going north into Payson. It was a pretty cool site to see a lot of miles n miles of continuous headlights. Glad I was heading in the opposhee direction. Those poor bastard sitting in that traffic.

Glad we didn't try to head north on Friday, or for that matter today. Kinda glad we stayed in-town in retrospect. Getting lots of loose ends tied up today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom