"Camping finds" from Yard sales/flea markets, etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok--is time to bring this tread alive again---yard sale / flea market season soon!!!!

Last edited:
somebody showed me there cheap camping table.

The local pick'n pull sells spare tire cover hatches for like $3.

The honda CRV has a large hatch with folding legs which turns into a table. If you want a decent camp table without breaking the bank:
cr-v_04_trunk.jpg

Maybe in GA but we have another couple of months of winter left up here.
6" of snow this morning.:rolleyes:

somebody showed me there cheap camping table.

The local pick'n pull sells spare tire cover hatches for like $3.

The honda CRV has a large hatch with folding legs which turns into a table. If you want a decent camp table without breaking the bank:
Sweet I'll keep an eye out next time we hit P&P

Maybe in GA but we have another couple of months of winter left up here.

dont be a hater since it 70 deg :D and flowers are blooming....:hillbilly::D

I picked up a never used Scepter 5 gal gas can (orange) from an old lady for $12 dollars.

just picked up a coleman 228f195 lantern for $10.00 and the cold weather bag from the ECWS military systems for $10. pic will be coming as soon as i find my camera.

I picked up this Coleman Quadrant lantern a while back at the Goodwill store for $8.00. It still has the tool kit and funnel, and whats cool is it says "use any type of clean gas". I've used it on sevearl camping trips and it works like a charm.
001.jpg
002.jpg

picked up a climbing training/campus board (Metolius 3D retails $78) for only 3 bucks at the Salvation Army yesterday. On previous visits I found a large drybag/haulbag for 7 bucks. Extra tents for 7 bucks at thrift stores. (Sometimes they are broken but the lifetime warranties of REI and EMS allows them to be repaired for free). Thrift stores get alot of unused equipment that they don't know how to price right and/or buyers have no idea what it is for.
I even found climbing webbing. Although I wouldn't climb with it( because of possible previous history of improper storage or use), it was new/mint enough for me to use it on hammocks, slacklining, etc....

archie, the lady who had this yard sale new some one that worked at the local good will so any thing camping or scouting was held back for her, i swear you could not get into the garage there was so much stuff, i told her husband he should call American pickers. there is way more there that was not even pulled out, and if they have it next week end i will go look around again, hoping for some cast iron, and military stuff.

I also like going to Good Will and thrift stores. I picked up a small external frame Kelty back pack, good for a boy or small person for $3.00. I thought it seemed a little heavy and when I got it home I found a cooking set," The Good Companions". This is just like my first back packing cook ware I got when I was in high school. There was also a hand held C.B. radio in working order.

Sweet find today

DSCN3209.jpg

$6.00 (they were asking $10.00)

I think I'll convert it from CO2 cartridge to a schrader valve. There is some kind of CO2 cartridge that activates when you smack the cone shaped thingy on top. I'm guessing it would be impossible to get it refilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom