Camp shower enclosures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The wife would like us to get some kind of shower enclosure for camping trips. I guess my days of keeping the 'skeeters at bay with natural odour makes me less cuddly or something.
This would also need to double as a privy enclosure for some kind of camp toilet (seperate thread on that to come).
So far I'm looking at 3 models; the Townsend shower enclosure, The Paha Que teepee (both available from Deckers, a 'cruiser guy)
http://www.hotcampshowers.com/new51785.html, and the third being Texsport Amazon.com: Texsport Deluxe Camp Shower/Shelter Combo: Sports & Outdoors.

Anyone familiar with any of these?

I would check Cabalas...I was just looking through their master catolog and they have two options. I cant remember the price but they had one like the townsend above then another one twice that size

On the other thread to come topic I love the PETT that we bought for Rubicon!!!

I have the Paha Que. It was a little spendy in my opinion. The :princess: liked it. So has anyone else who has used it. I use it with a Zodi HP.

I was using one of the cheaper Shower enclosures from walmart that worked ok, but had to move the toilet out to take a shower. Just got one of the units from cabalas that has a changing room and shower area in one. I set it up in the garage, but have not had a chance to try it out in the field. It seems to be made well and cabalas had it on sale. Now I can leave the toilet set up in the changing area and not have to move it when someone takes a shower.:)

I have the PETT enclosure, and I did not care for it on my trip last summer.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/camping-outdoor-gear/235997-camping-gear-reviews-ton.html

The guy line ropes are to slippery, and would not stay taut.
I have since then bought the Cabelas enclosure, but have not set it up yet.
I will before I start camping this season though.

It is much bigger than the PETT one.
Cabelas shower enclosure

s7_516873_imageset_01

One of the guys at work just mentioned to me about the Army & Navy flyer he received at home:
http://www.armyandnavy.ca/Mar_4_FINAL_AB.pdf

For 50 bucks, I'm gonna go check that one out on the way home. The little camp kitchen looks interesting as well.

Yes I would agrea with Corey I am not a fan of the enclosure for the PETT. I could go off for at least a full page of my disslikes, but to save you the trouble of reading my rant I'll just say it could use some improving :grinpimp:

I bought the Cabelas enclosure and it is great. Used it at Pismo Beach during two days of VERY windy conditions. Held up like a brick s*** house. Stout, roomy, great design. Well worth the money!

That was an excellent gear review Corey, thank you. My wife even gave me the go ahead to get that same roof top tent you have, just need to find that elusive money tree now.
Thanks.
If you get that tent, I am sure you will like it.

Yeah, I had the PETT staked out too, and a light wind blew up there, and the darn thing bowed over.
I would have been embarrassed if I was inside it when that happened.

The crapper part of the PETT system is great, I like it, and very good for the ecosystem.
But the tent, nope.
To hard to take down too.
Mine is still wadded up in the corner of the spare room.

Gonzo, is the Cabelas one hard to setup for one person, or is it doable in a short time?
I guess I should practice setting mine up in the living room sometime.

Well the 50$ one at Army & Navy was as to be expected, crap. It's the famous (or is it infamous?) "World Famous" brand. It was quite flimsy looking, the demo model even showing some stitching already fraying.
They did have another version, same brand, for $129, that looked very much like the Texsport I mentioned in my original post.
Doing some more investigative googling, this one looks interesting as well. It's also featured on Deckers site.
I then got sidetracked by their trailers, interesting looking rigs.

Last edited:
Thanks.
If you get that tent, I am sure you will like it.

Yeah, I had the PETT staked out too, and a light wind blew up there, and the darn thing bowed over.
I would have been embarrassed if I was inside it when that happened.

The ****per part of the PETT system is great, I like it, and very good for the ecosystem.
But the tent, nope.
To hard to take down too.
Mine is still wadded up in the corner of the spare room.

Gonzo, is the Cabelas one hard to setup for one person, or is it doable in a short time?
I guess I should practice setting mine up in the living room sometime.

Wouldn't that picture been worth some money.....lol:eek::eek::eek:

I had one similar to the one pictured here for my shower/toilet enclosure

It is very easy to set up -- it basically pops open on its own.
I left mine at Surf-n-Turf in November...and it's currently hanging out in L.A. until I can meet up with my bud to pick it up...

In the mean time, I bought another one to use on an upcoming trip...
If nothing else, I can sell the 2nd one or use one for showers and the other for a toilet enclosure...

41-sExnwDUL._SS500_.jpg

Welllll...

It showed up today and it is BIG!!...lol

Very easy to setup though. I set it up and took it down in probably 15 mins. with no instructions. Obviously I didn't stake the bottom down in the driveway...but it was cool as hell

Nice feature with skylights in the roof
004.jpg
003.jpg
005.jpg

Last edited:
Welllll...

It showed up today and it is BIG!!...lol

Very easy to setup though. I set it up and took it down in probably 15 mins. with no instructions. Obviously I didn't stake the bottom down in the driveway...but it was cool as hell

Nice feature with skylights in the roof

I see a chimney in the last photo, does that one have a fireplace too? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom