C1268 Code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I am in the process of purchasing a used 2008. The dealer said they have occasionally seen a C1268 code thrown. They have also said the battery is weak and feel that is causing it. I asked them to replace the battery and not charge it. Has anyone else seen this code? I searched online and looks like a shift solenoid that may be failing to operate correctly due to the weak battery. I am new to Cruisers, and have yet to learn quirks about them. Coming from an LR3 I know that if my battery got weak it would throw codes like no other. Any help on this would be great, as I would like to know what I am getting into and how much I am looking to spend if this problem ever rears its ugly head, if their actually is one. Thanks.

Dustin

Here is the only reference to that code from a MUD search. Looks like it might be an expensive repair on an '08 and could lead to being stuck in 4lo?

2008 LC stuck in 4lo

I decided to pass on the deal. Found a thread on here where it was basically beat to hell by the previous owner, and was throwing codes and breaking down before they traded in. I am extremely grateful for forum threads since I would of purchased what sounded like a lemon. Thanks for the info.

FWIW, my 2008 LX 570 has never given me a problem. I bought it used, four years ago, with 45,000 miles on it. IT now has 101,116 on it.

It was pretty high mileage which I was fine with, but when I read the thread of the PO jumping it in the desert and beating on it VERY hard like it was a Baja Truck. I tend to walk away. He also said it was breaking down all the time. I didn't want to take on someone elses problems. LCs are reliable IF they are taken care of. I continue my search.

Good luck, it's worth the effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom