Bypass or repair HDJ81 rear heater pipes. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone here offers a kit to replace the hardlines for the rear heater. I would rather repair rather than bypass. but I'm on the fence on what to do.

I believe parts are no longer available and I'm thinking about fixing mine with -AN hoses maybe even learn how to bend and flare my own parts.

I'm just curious to see what other people have done.

Please share.

I bypassed years ago. Wasn’t worth the risk to me and I rarely drive it in the winter these days.

Even if the hardlines existed, it would be nearly impossible to install them without removing the engine / transmission.

There are a TON of posts on "rear heater deletion" in the 80s section. @Dusten is correct, though. Rubber lines are the way to go if you want to keep it.

My hardlines had 2 very rusty spots and i felt they could fail at anytime. I'm talking about the hardline that is accessible underneath the exhaust heatshields. I cut off the rusty section and i have shaped and installed 1/2" coolant hoses instead. Since the exhaust has to come off in order to reach that spot, as well as the heatshields, i have used the very best clamps i could get (Stainless steel t-bolt clamps)

if you like it keep it.

personally i use it anytime i need heat. dont like heat blowing in my face or feet..

well if I choose to AN hose I'm going to need a 37 deg flare tool and hose something like .

and if I choose rubber or silicone I'm going to need good clamps hose and a beading tool such as
1683839754851.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom