Built LXs?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arich

Anthony. aka arich
Threads
Besides Christo Slees are there any nice LX570s on Mud??
My brother in law wants my Land Cruiser and I'm thinking.......

I use the term built loosely. Thinking wheels and tires Slee rear bumper and Sarhara front. (Yes, that sounds like Christos)

I know @Ali FJ80 has done some mods to his LX - he might weigh in for details, but he has TRD RW with Falken A/T3Ws, Dobinson front bumper, Gamiviti roof rack, and some other goodies I'm probably forgetting.

im just getting started. Just put on 275/60/20's and have the slee sliders on order. Also trying to sort our which bumpers to go with.

Slee is saying they should have the new LX sliders ready for market in the next 3-4 weeks

I wouldn't call mine built but I've got the ARB Sahara bar on there, 275/65/20 BFG KO2, and a set of rocker panel covers ready to go on in anticipation of the SLEE LX sliders. Also BudBuilt skids are on the list.

I've also done the sensor lift on the front which gave me a 1" lift (in front) in all modes. Required an alignment afterwards but no ill-effects on handling/ride imo.

IMG_20170527_201038 (1).jpg

IMG_20170528_131559.jpg

I wouldn't call mine built but I've got the ARB Sahara bar on there, 275/65/20 BFG KO2, and a set of rocker panel covers ready to go on in anticipation of the SLEE LX sliders. Also BudBuilt skids are on the list.

I've also done the sensor lift on the front which gave me a 1" lift (in front) in all modes. Required an alignment afterwards but no ill-effects on handling/ride imo.

View attachment 1479443

View attachment 1479444
I really like the Sahara bar on the front. How was the install on it?

View attachment 1479443

View attachment 1479444
Sweet! Did u document the sensor lift?

I know @Ali FJ80 has done some mods to his LX - he might weigh in for details, but he has TRD RW with Falken A/T3Ws, Dobinson front bumper, Gamiviti roof rack, and some other goodies I'm probably forgetting.

You summed it up at pretty well.

Would like to add a rear bumper without swingouts but am waiting till we get more than the one option that's on the market and sliders again once there are options for the LX.

IMG_4476_zps3wypbbqf.jpg

View attachment 1479443

View attachment 1479444

I've talked to
Budbuilt and they are planning on making lx sliders as well. So we will have 2 options in a few months.

Slee has theirs ready. Need to replace the rocker panel with the LC one ~ $700, plus $1150 sliders plus complicated install. Has lights integrated in. Sounds very nice.

You summed it up at pretty well.

Would like to add a rear bumper without swingouts but am waiting till we get more than the one option that's on the market and sliders again once there are options for the LX.

IMG_4476_zps3wypbbqf.jpg

Did you beef up the suspension to compensate for the added weight?

As far as I've seen, and talking to Christo, front bumper is going to be limited to 2008-2011 due to change in plastic/facia in 2013.

True for ARB and I assume other vendors.

Did you beef up the suspension to compensate for the added weight?

The AHC seems to be handling the extra weight just fine. I wanted to hook it up to techstream to check the pressures but I was not able to get it to run on my new laptop as yet.

Slee has theirs ready. Need to replace the rocker panel with the LC one ~ $700, plus $1150 sliders plus complicated install. Has lights integrated in. Sounds very nice.

Is that an official price on their sliders? I haven't seen a number on those yet.

I really like the Sahara bar on the front. How was the install on it?
The install is pretty straight forward. the template supplied definitely doesnt work so i had to install the bumper first then fit/cut/remove/fit/repeat etc a few times on the plastic pieces to get it right.

Sweet! Did u document the sensor lift?

DeckerT4R has it documented in this thread here:
LX570 AHC height modifications (lift it!)

I was told to expect it to be about $1150 for the SLEE sliders as well.

Is that an official price on their sliders? I haven't seen a number on those yet.
I spoke with them a couple days ago and that was The quote they gave me over the phone

Hey guys, really digging the LX's! I was in the market for a 200 Series LC and came across a super clean 2008 LX570 and after checking out SLEE Offroads build and chatting with Christo I decided to pull the trigger.

I am trying to decide if I want to keep the stock 20's and throw on some 275/65R20 (34.1" x 10.8") Duratracs (I've run through 3 sets on the FJ and love them, especially in the snow) or switch the Tundra RockWarriors with a 285/75R17 (33.8" x 11.2") and try out the Nitto RidgeGrapplers.

Any feedback on ride quality and handling on the 17" vs. 20" and any other observations? This will primarily be the family roadtrip machine and my daily driver, but nearly all of those road trips will include camping and 4wheeling but I do want this build skewed more towards comfort and road manners than the FJ. Any feedback on the RidgeGrapplers road manners or snow performance?

Are you guys running ~34" tires having any rubbing issues? How does the 5.7L pull with the larger tires? Any regrets?

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I'll be contributing some photos of my own to this thread shortly!

Hey guys, really digging the LX's! I was in the market for a 200 Series LC and came across a super clean 2008 LX570 and after checking out SLEE Offroads build and chatting with Christo I decided to pull the trigger.

I am trying to decide if I want to keep the stock 20's and throw on some 275/65R20 (34.1" x 10.8") Duratracs (I've run through 3 sets on the FJ and love them, especially in the snow) or switch the Tundra RockWarriors with a 285/75R17 (33.8" x 11.2") and try out the Nitto RidgeGrapplers.

Any feedback on ride quality and handling on the 17" vs. 20" and any other observations? This will primarily be the family roadtrip machine and my daily driver, but nearly all of those road trips will include camping and 4wheeling but I do want this build skewed more towards comfort and road manners than the FJ. Any feedback on the RidgeGrapplers road manners or snow performance?

Are you guys running ~34" tires having any rubbing issues? How does the 5.7L pull with the larger tires? Any regrets?

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I'll be contributing some photos of my own to this thread shortly!

First, congrats!

I cannot speak for the nittos but if you want a comparison of 17" vs. 20" I can say on the road and mild offroad I have done on the 20" wheels the difference seems negligible. I am running the exact same tires expect for load rating on mine and my wifes LXs but mine are in 285/70/17 and hers has 275/60/20. When driving them back to back there is really not much difference and with the all terrains the 20" setup seems just as capable and I would not think you would have any issues unless you are doing serious rock crawling or rubbing against big rocks. I know the larger sidewall of the 17 should probably have more body roll but the adaptive suspension seems to counter all of that where the road manners are not much different between the two.

First, congrats!

I cannot speak for the nittos but if you want a comparison of 17" vs. 20" I can say on the road and mild offroad I have done on the 20" wheels the difference seems negligible. I am running the exact same tires expect for load rating on mine and my wifes LXs but mine are in 285/70/17 and hers has 275/60/20. When driving them back to back there is really not much difference and with the all terrains the 20" setup seems just as capable and I would not think you would have any issues unless you are doing serious rock crawling or rubbing against big rocks. I know the larger sidewall of the 17 should probably have more body roll but the adaptive suspension seems to counter all of that where the road manners are not much different between the two.

Well I can't get much better feedback than someone who has two LX's and the same tires across both platforms in 17" and 20"! I am leaning towards 275/60R20s on the stock rims as a skinny 34" is appealing to me and I can stick with the Duratracs which is a known quantity for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom