For Sale BUILT FJ40, ready to crawl! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20181117_145828-EFFECTS_zpseurxww3j.jpg

1970 FJ40 Crawler

I am putting up my Crawler for sale. I bought this truck from a fellow forum member. The build was done by Mr jits, and you can see the very detailed build (14 pages) BUILD THREAD

I bought this FJ 3 years ago with the plans to start doing some offroad crawling. Rather than starting up this new hobby, My boys became teenagers, and we have gone a different direction in life. Currently, We are planning an off the frame restoration of my 1977 FJ40, so our time has gone that direction.

I hate to admit it, but I have not taken Olivia out on the trails or challenged her at all. During here first year here, I drove her around town and to the ranch a few times. She was very very flexy with the springs, and I wanted to firm up the ride without compromising off road capabilities. We installed Currie Antirock off road sway bar kit. This helped the ride out a lot.

20181117_145622_zpsu5f29r6q.jpg

This is the only upgrade I did to her. Because of the lack of time and attention to her, I feel she should find a home where someone would utilize her to the best of her build.

Here is a list of the things that were done by Mr jits. He is still an active member and great guy, and he is available if anyone has any questions about the build.

Drive train:

• carbureted 350 with under 21k miles,

• new radiator

• chevy short style water pump

• rebuilt TH350 with under 2000 miles

• np203/lc 3 speed vacuum case

• FJ60 axles with aussie front and a spartan in the rear.

• Front axle is built: chromoly axles, hub gears, .

Steering:

• Six shooters w/ trunnion eliminators,

• power steering.

Suspension:

• Bilstein 5100's.

• 56" Dakota springs in the front.

• 56" Chevy in the rear.

• Currie off road Anti-sway bar

• Both axles are trussed with anti-wrap in the rear.

Tires:

• Five Military Wranglers on beadlocks with lot of tread.

Body/Interior:

• Narrowed front fenders,

• comp cut rear,

• Hard top,

• Sliders,

• small stinger front bumper with winch mount

• Winch

• full doors

• half doors

• 5 point harness in both seats

• Custom Roll cage

• LED lights and lightbar

• Full Size Spare with beadlocks

The build thread Introducing Oliver

Price is $13,500. Please feel free to email me with any questions. Feel free to text me 940-five8five-84eight2

How does the th350/np203/tcase perform? I'll be doing something similar in a future build (4l65e/np203/splitcase) and was curious.

Price seems like a steal for a point and shoot well built truck that's ready to go!

Don't forget the custom bullet hole in the driver side door.
Yah, that is a scar worthy of keeping! My friends always ask how i accidentally discharged my glock.

Where are you located? Got any interior pics? Thanks.
I am in the Panhandle of Texas.

I will get pictures of inside tonight or this weekend.

How does the th350/np203/tcase perform? I'll be doing something similar in a future build (4l65e/np203/splitcase) and was curious.

Price seems like a steal for a point and shoot well built truck that's ready to go!

So it works great with this combo. The low is crazy low. at idle speeds it still will crawl up a wall. Shifting in and out is a breeze and has worked without issue.

Don't forget the custom bullet hole in the driver side door.
MrJits,

are you without an FJ in your garage right now? We can work out a deal if you want Olivia Back!!!

Nosir, not as she is configured now. The area is open, however, so an aftermarket bench seat could easily go there. The Roll Cage is large and affords protection in the back as well. In my opinion that is more important than if the 200 dollar bench is there. If you like her ill install a bench !!!

Here are a few more pictures.

Last edited:
Looks like Mr Jits had a rear bench installed before selling it to you. I think this might be exactly what I'm looking for next month, I'll circle back here then.
I did, just the wrong one. The bestop fold and tumble fits in the rear perfect (like I had on my last 40) and is very easy to install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom