For Sale Built 87 FJ60 w/5.7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
I've been toying around with the idea of getting rid of the Landcruiser.

Up for sale is my '87 Land Cruiser FJ60 that has been extensively modified and well kept. I purchased this rig with the intentions of finding my perfect off-road/overlanding vehicle. My wife and I just had a baby back in December and are in the process of building a house on some land we bought. While I absolutely love the 60, I am not sure I'm going to have the time for a cool toy/project anytime soon. Plus, I'm kind of in need of a truck now with having to haul stuff and my 3 dogs.

The rig originally came from California and is rust free. While there is not rust, the paint needs to be redone and any thin spots, scratches, and nicks were primed and/or spot painted to prevent future corrosion.

Below is a list of all items that have been done. This is an extremely reliable cruiser that drives at highway speeds with ease and without overheating. I have taken it on several camping trips and once for some mild off-roading at Disney. It performed flawlessly.

• 5.7L Vortec V8 installed by Custom Cruisers

o Professional engine swap with OBDII port for codes/monitoring

• H55F 5-Speed Manual Transmission (Australian Import)

• Rebuilt Transfer Case done by Valley Hybrids

• Twin Stick Transfer Case mod done by Valley Hybrids and Custom Cruisers
- 4.10 gears added also.

• FJ62 4.10 Diffs swapped in

• ARB Rear Air Locker installed by Valley Hybrids

• Front Axle rebuild done by Valley Hybrids

• New seat pan with Hunsaker racing seats (includes 5-Point Harness) by Don @FC Fab

• Dual Battery System with Optima batteries

• Custom Rock sliders by XXX Traction

• Wired Wagon Ultimate Headlight Harness and Aux Relay Panel

• Hella H4 Headlight Upgrade

• OME Heavy/Heavy Lift

• 4+ Rear Bumper with tire and jerry can swing-outs

• ARB Front bumper (winch capable)

• WagonGear tailgate and quarter panel storage

• Alpine/Polk Audio System

• 17" steel wheels and 33" All Terrains, both new as of May 2016

- the gm and Toyota AC is all mated together well and blows very cold. Thanks to this the contributors in the 60 forum for the information!

- I also replaced a few missing trim pieces i.e. Window belt trim, ash tray, rear lift gate hatch cover, small things, etc...

What would I do to make this the perfect cruiser?

• Paint

• ARB rear air locker needs a new seal housing ($60) to engage. The copper line got chewed up.

• Add whatever accessories you'd like: rear drawers, arb fridge, led lights throughout, rooftop tent, etc...

Should you want to do some research on the rig or see in detail what the previous owner had done please review the following links:

Oyaji's FJ60

Oyaji's '87 FJ60 | Toyota 4Runner, FJ Cruiser & SUV | 4x4Wire TrailTalk

$12,500 obo

image.jpeg
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Great rig. Exactly what I needed 3 months ago but will suffer with the 2f for longer and spend a lot more. Glws

Still available?
Yes sir, I've been gone at a conference and won't return until the weekend. There are a few that have messaged me looking for more pictures and a couple that would like to come see it. I will post more pictures of the interior and the underside when I get back.

Thank you. I'm over on the southeast coast, so the more info the better. I am very interested, and have cash in hand. However, next week I am undergoing surgery that will have me.incapacitated for a few weeks,so......

PM'd

Very interested in purchasing

Yes it's still available. I don't get back in town until tomorrow evening, so I will try to get back to everyone then and post some more pictures. I have no less than 10 guys wanting to buy it, some local, some a few hours away, and some that want to ship it across the country. I've been out of town since I posted it, so first come/first served doesn't work very well. I will be more than happy to show it to anyone and post more pictures, but this will now be a matter of the best offer and timing.

I'm sorry it took so long to get more pictures up and reply to everyone. I was away at a conference and then had a minor family emergency come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom