Building "V2 Supply Unit" for 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As I had a half day time today, I went over to the shack and continued my work on the drawers. Final parts have begun - drawer fronts.

For my strategy of mounting the front plywood panels I had to drill some holes into the drawers:

I cut some screws to length and mounted the nuts which will be covered by the front panels carpet, much like the side front panels:

Four screw & nut pairs for each drawer:

After this I took the screws out and cut the front panels to size, including the holes for the slide handles:

I then pressed the panels against the drawers and marked the points where I need to drill from inside the drawers. Made the nuts being plane with the plywood panels and ... mounting:

I found out I did not work exactly enough so the space between the drawer fronts is a bit tight. Will correct that by sanding the panels a bit before paint & carpet. In the meantime - the drawers still are easy usable:

So, until the next time ;)

How did you mount this? Does it use the third row seat bolts. Great build.

Happen to have any photos of the mounting? Planning to do a build similar with 8020 extensions but coming up empty going through the catalog of hardware for a good floor mount off the extrusion.
Thanks

I took a corner like this and removed the overheight:

Will take a picture for you this weekend.

Did you ever have a chance to take a picture of the mount

Thanks again

uh, I forgot to do so ... sorry mate, been busy! trying to picture it for you today after work :deadhorse:

Awesome work! Wanting a single drawer setup and this is very inspiring.

sub'd👍

View attachment 1948845

Base made from 30x30mm 8mm rabbet and connectors, end caps, corners and whatnot.

Links

There's an amazing amount of work gone in to documenting and presenting this build. I know! I applaud you on this, and thank you very much. I'm currently looking at doing something very similar.

The products on motedis.ch... is that referred to as 8020 extruded aluminum? I've been looking for a good source here in Canada. You wouldn't happen to have a complete order list of how many pieces you bought, and what type, would you? Motedis appears to have opened a USA site, but the site is very difficult to use.

Again, thanks for the time and effort to post your work. :)

Andrew

Agreed. Pretty amazing thread here.
@asutherland I’ve done some looking, and yes, 8020 inc products are similar if not the same. That is who
I would order from in the US. If you have access to the cad files, you can pull dimensions off of that.
@sArgeCH very nice work sir! Thank you for putting all of the info out there on the forum.

I'm just finally piecing together my shopping list, and wondering - 2020 is much more common than 3030 (from what I can find online). I have a close friend who built his out of 1"x1" which is basically 2525, and it's plenty strong.

Do you think 2020, assuming I brace it all accordingly, and use 1/2 inch baltic birch ply on the surfaces, would be strong enough? Or should I stick with 3030.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom