Building "V2 Supply Unit" for 80 Series

As I had a half day time today, I went over to the shack and continued my work on the drawers. Final parts have begun - drawer fronts.

For my strategy of mounting the front plywood panels I had to drill some holes into the drawers:

I cut some screws to length and mounted the nuts which will be covered by the front panels carpet, much like the side front panels:

Four screw & nut pairs for each drawer:

After this I took the screws out and cut the front panels to size, including the holes for the slide handles:

I then pressed the panels against the drawers and marked the points where I need to drill from inside the drawers. Made the nuts being plane with the plywood panels and ... mounting:

I found out I did not work exactly enough so the space between the drawer fronts is a bit tight. Will correct that by sanding the panels a bit before paint & carpet. In the meantime - the drawers still are easy usable:

So, until the next time ;)

GA Trevor

SILVER Star

Happen to have any photos of the mounting? Planning to do a build similar with 8020 extensions but coming up empty going through the catalog of hardware for a good floor mount off the extrusion.
Thanks

Top Bottom