Building slide out camp kitchen. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've started building a full slide out 2 or 3 section kitchen for the back of the 80. Since I'm not that experienced at woodworking I'm using EZ-Tube for a frame and 1/4" marine board, plus some full extension slides of course. It will have a sink, stove, grill, a fold down or slide out counter top and a drawer or two. Possibly a cabinet for pots and pans. Dimensions are 20" wide x 18" tall for the first section and between 6 and 8 feet in length. I have a 10 Gal RV fresh water tank and 5 Lb propane tank, a 12x15 stainless sink and have begun cutting the first frame and board sections to size.

Wish me luck.

Anybody ever use EZ-Tube for anything? If so post some pics.

@ 3:15 to see a smart idea all things slide out kitchen related

That really is impressive. I'd like to get a return on mine, even just for a bit of counter space.
One of my problems is that I often know what part I want but don't know the proper name for it, so searches come up with anything but. For instance right here in the video, what is that swivel/hinge called? I can see it in my head even though it wasn't visible in the video. So now the endless search begins... I just spent almost a week looking for the right access panel for side storage, and many other things besides.

That really is impressive. I'd like to get a return on mine, even just for a bit of counter space.
One of my problems is that I often know what part I want but don't know the proper name for it, so searches come up with anything but. For instance right here in the video, what is that swivel/hinge called? I can see it in my head even though it wasn't visible in the video. So now the endless search begins... I just spent almost a week looking for the right access panel for side storage, and many other things besides.

Looks like a heavy duty pivot for the rotating shelf/unit. Maybe you could incorporate a ball bearing turntable to mimic? McMaster has them for about $20 with 500lb rating.

@ 3:15 to see a smart idea all things slide out kitchen related

I like this trailer a lot. Too bad it's in Australia, and about 50,000 USD even if it was here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom