Bug Catcher Window rubber (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

are you talking the 71 ish doors that i have? yes..and no. treeroots right, i swapped the light doors for full red doors.

wesintl said:
quick question.. Most bug catchers I've seen are on corregated top 40 or 45.. Will the upper section of the window frame (with bug catchers) from a corregated 40 fit the top of a non corregated 40? I thought there were some differences in the corregated top but I don't remember what..

Ie take corregated top bug catcher doors and use them on a latter say 66 non corregated top cruiser?

The 65 and newer doors have the lip on the top of the door that the perimeter weatherstrip sits behind. The 64 and older bugcatcher 40 doors do not have that top lip. Interestingly, the 45 doors of the same vintage DO have the top lip, so there is some variation between the models for those years.

If this is confusing, consider this. There were two different heighths for the bugcatcher weatherstrips, 17 and 18 IIRC. That's because some doors had the top lip [the shorter w/s] and some didn't [the longer weatherstrip]

waiting

And another month goes by....
Hmmm...my engines left Japan way after his shipment email and they're already here.
Of course, he did say 60 days, so I guess some of that time is production.

Dude...anyone hear ANYTHING?

Well, the day that we all have been waiting for has finally arrived. Late last week I did receive the total shipment of all the weather-stripping. So I will soon start to get things organized to ship....

Thanks for your patience on this.

Robert Furman

**I edited out the middle bits**

Yup....I'm excited. It's been a long time coming.

AWESOME! I gotta organize the parts piles in the basement by decade soon! Or possibly by truck? ANd go check my other email! STOKED! Glad to see this worked out..

Sent to me by another buddy that knows I"m slow in reading mail sometimes..
Quote......

Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:49:59 -0700

Subject: [LCML] Bug Catcher Weather-Stripping - The Day has finally

come

To: "'Land Cruiser Mailing'" <landcruisers@birfield.com>

Message-ID: <001601c61b19$17193c60$a301a8c0@ArizonaAuctions.local>

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hey Everyone,

Well, the day that we all have been waiting for has finally arrived. Late last week I did receive the total shipment of all the weather-stripping. So I will soon start to get things organized to ship. I just need to get an idea of the total of each type that I will need to send you all. I know there are a few different years, models and styles that this may fits so it would really help me out of you all could give me an idea of the dimensions of your wing window. I will need the total for the top, bottom and front edge (These use the same design for the weather-stripping) and the total for the back edge as well. Seeing that there may be some mistakes I will be sending plenty of extra material.

On the drawings that I have, the back edge is about 17", the top is about 5 ¼" , the bottom is about 10" and the front edge is about 18". So:

Back Edge Total: 17

Top, Bottom and Front Total: 32 ¼"

On another note, there were yet some additional costs that I was not aware of, these being for the duties, import broker fees and local delivery and import of the product. The total of this came to about $500. At this point I'm just asking for donations. I'm hoping that I will catch the attention of a few more orders and make up the difference. If you do care to make a donation, it can be sent to my PayPal account rwfnetworking@cox.net or you can also mail me a check, money order, etc. Mailing address at the end of this email.

Also again, if you have not notified me of a change in address, now is the time to do so.

Thanks for your patience on this.

Robert Furman

521 E Kerry Lane

Phoenix, AZ 85024

(602) 377-7004

http://members.cox.net/rwfnetworking

Maybe I shouldn't distract him by sending out his carb kits until AFTER he fills these orders?;p

Got Um!!!

Got my shipment from Robert.
The rubber looks great, I will have to see about doing the cutting and
getting them together....
Cant wait to open that air conditioning window during summer time!!

Thanks Robert!

in the mail

Yup, mine came in today too. Looks good. The rubber seems like it has a lot of "plastic" to it's surface, so it will be interesting to see what kind of glue will work best and not be visible outside. I think he sent enough that I can trim off a little corner and see if I can get it to mate up cleanly before diving into the real part. Sure will be nice to close that 1/2" gap up around my glass though!
Hmmm...gotta send that extra paypal out to him tomorrow.

Me too :) Thank You. Unfortunatly I have ski buddies in for the next week so my weekend won't consist of cruiser fun.

If anyone gets to it this weekend be sure to post up some tips :D

I recieved mine today :) Thank you Robert.

The only thing I wondered is if the weatherstrip might shrink. Some JC Whitney stuff seems to shrink. I layed my weatherstrip out and I'll measure now and post up a week or so later to see if there is any difference.

and just in case....these will not work for the FJ45LV wagons. They are set up for the older style FJ40 and FJ45 pickups. FJ40, FJ45LPB, FJ45SWB...

Here is a pic of Tex's pickup and an older style bug catcher:
Mvc-003s.jpg
earlydoor1.jpg

Last edited:
I talked to Robert today. I'm gonna pick up a set on the way to Katemcy next week. If I end up taking the 45, I might even try to install them in camp!;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom