BudBuilt CATALYTIC CONVERTER GUARD installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just installed and there is no way the cats are coming out with these installed. If you’re on the fence, don’t be these are a worthwhile expense.

View attachment 3105248View attachment 3105249
Are these budbuilt? Seems to me this offers very good protection. Anyone getting under your truck planning on stealing the CC would move on immediately seeing what a pain in the a$$ trying work around that skid. I probably wouldn’t want it red though.

Are these budbuilt? Seems to me this offers very good protection. Anyone getting under your truck planning on stealing the CC would move on immediately seeing what a pain in the a$$ trying work around that skid. I probably wouldn’t want it red though.
They are and yes good protection.

I thought the red really ties the room together, and I thought I’d make it nice under there for whoever is trying to rip me off.

I think I'll take a sharpie and write on mine, "smile for the camera"

Ordered a set the other day.

(Pssst... tomorrow is Buds birthday)

It says guard. Catalytic converter guard. I “lose”? LOL! I think the rest of us understand what the purpose of a catalytic guard is.
To protect against rocks?

Got mine on in about half an hour with a cold engine. Info in this thread made it easy. Would have been fairly easy anyway but knowing to loosely install the hex head bolts first then the rear bolts was right on. I'm not saying how many times I dropped the nut on the driver side before taking off my glove. Used a ratcheting end wrench on drivers side, 9/16". Used a socket on the passenger side.
20220907_102530.jpg

Okay…. I fear this should go into the Stupid question of the day thread, but it’s appropos here too.

On the driver’s side, which of the two holes in this picture do I use for the rear screw to bolt the cat protector on?

I presume the one on the left… but want to make sure.

5CF4F4A3-1FD6-4219-BF10-BEDC862B98AA.jpeg

Okay…. I fear this should go into the Stupid question of the day thread, but it’s appropos here too.

On the driver’s side, which of the two holes in this picture do I use for the rear screw to bolt the cat protector on?

I presume the one on the left… but want to make sure.

View attachment 3110172
The most outboard hole. It provides the most coverage. People are installing these incorrectly I think. There should have been instructions with these.

I used the outboard hole. It lined right up.
The most outboard hole. It provides the most coverage. People are installing these incorrectly I think. There should have been instructions with these.

Oh. Wow.
Glad I asked!

Thanks Dunbar and Browndog09.

They sent me these instructions a couple days ago. You have to be a preferred customer. (I had the same question)

Attachments

• Installation Instructions - 200 Land Cruiser Catalytic Convertor guards.pdf
    411.2 KB · Views: 174
I just pulled the trigger on these. Been debating but figured it’s worth it to stop worrying every time I park somewhere.

Has Anyone installed the Budbuilt cat covers on a LC200 with the ARB skid plate package installed? Curious about the fitment.
200SKID2 (1).jpg

DSC06704.jpg

DSC06707 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I’m also considering them but will these work with a

they look good but you’ll have to drop the skid for oil changes. BUDBUILT, Dissent(I believe) and Slee have oil chance access on the skids
I have the ARB skid plate kit on my LC200. The dealer hasn't complained about removing the front skid plate in order to change oil. Don't you have to remove factory front skid plate to change oil?

The question is can the Budbuilt cst covers fit around the ARB skid plates.
G
I have the ARB skid plate kit on my LC200. The dealer hasn't complained about removing the front skid plate in order to change oil. Don't you have to remove factory front skid plate to change oil?
yes, but aftermarket offerings from the above I mentioned save time from doing so. I also plan on doing my own oil/filter changes when warranty is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom