Bubbas59FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Repros are of a later front bib light not the right design for the tail light, plus it's dated like 1967. They fit the housing and are close but not perfectly correct. You can get the amber bib light new to this day. These repros are just molded in a different color.:cheers:

John

VIN Plates - FoxFab

Mike, VIN plates arrived, well worth the price, thanks very much for plates and stickers. Not sure what the L bracket is for that you sent along with them? Thought it was for the tail light assembly but checked it against the pics and it is not the same??? Thanks again, Rick

I've sent my tail lights out to CA for a quote. How many of you would be interested in some repro.'s of the OEM tail lights when I recieve a quote?[/QUOTE]

I would be interested in at least two sets. Also interested in bib lights that are correct.

That L bracket might mount to the front bumper to keep the crank in place when starting the engine by hand. Came standard on non-PTO winch 25s I got a couple even though I run the PTO winchs. Never can tell when I might have to remove the winch install the bracket and then start the engine by hand after I prime the carb with handle on the pump. Of course that's after I filled the gas tank from a jerry can without a spout using the tube inside the filler neck. Just got to love these old cruisers.

John

Hey Rick, I went by SOR today and Marv looked for FJ25 or very early 40 seats for you. He didn't find any but is convinced he has some somewhere. He'll keep looking. If your hood is original, then drill out the emblem holes and take a cutting wheel to the bondo on the seam. Notch out the center of the bondo without hitting steel, and take a small sharp chisel and scrape out the rest of the bondo. It's a lot cheaper than buying and shipping a hood and you get to keep the original.

You are no longer in need of geen-you-wine FJ25 tail light brackets. I picked the last pair that Marv had up for you and they are in pristine condition. If you want me to, I can pick up the early amber bib light housing and add the 3rd wire for you. I can also pick up the red repro lenses too if you want to go that route. They may not be exact, but they're so close you can barely tell.

They do not have the chrome hood ornament. Not sure if your '60 25 needs the hood/windshield bumpers but I checked and they have them brand new in the bag. If you want the apron emblems they've got those also.

If you want any of this stuff, call SOR and pay for it but tell them that "Gene" is going to pick it up. I'll add the 3rd wire you'll need for the tail lights and ship it out with the emblem and the tail light brackets.

Oh yeah, the tail lights on your '60 are off a Jeep. Remove them and burn them immediately.

Oh, and the wheels on your '59 with the little hole in it, those aren't stock either. Take those off and send them to my house (evil laughter... ha ha ha).

Here's some SOR part #'s and prices for you...

Amber Bib Parking Light Assenbly: 150-01A-C ($31.13 ea.)
Red Tail Light lens: 148-02 AE ($19.80 ea.)
Hood Bumpers: 112-14 AA ($13,68 ea.)
Early Apron Emblems 161-04 A ($31.64 ea.)

Just found out that this week SOR is having a sale and all parts are 10 percent off.

Last edited:
Gene, I worked with a guy named Roger there and I bought everything you listed and then some. SOR's system didn't provide for a 'will call' pick up, so I just had them box it all and they said it would go out UPS ground sometime tomorrow. When I get time to put the rear lights on I will ask have you walk me thru the wiring.

I was fortunate to be able to pick up a set of hubcaps today and also an original side view round mirror. Big thing now is the seats.

I can send you money for the tail light assembly brackets and and the hood emblem. PM me the info and let me know if you want me to send via Paypal or send a check.

Thanks so much for your help. Please let me know if the seats show up. Thanks again Rick

As far as the seats go, he said he had an early front seat only last week. It hasn't been sold, but somebody moved it and they don't know where just yet. I've got Marv's FJ25 there to compare it to once it's found. I'll keep bugging him.

Gene, check is in the mail......honest. And thanks for all your help.

I think I need the side mounted tire carrier for both the 59 and the 60. Not sure how many options there were for the FJ25's, seems some have a rear mount and one early 40 I saw at TLC had both a side mount and a rear mount.

Not sure which mirror is correct, posting a picture of a long arm round mirror and a short arm rectangular mirror, any idea which is right for the 59 and/or the 60? My assumption is the round one was original to a 59?

Dean, I found the caps on a site called: Cruisersrock.com that posts some early 40 stuff every now and then. I made him an offer and he accepted it, not new but pics appeared to be decent so I am a happy camper. Quick responses to my questions and quick shipment after I paid with Paypal, very good experience with them.

I also had a good experience with some parts I bought on this site: "Toyota Parts" - OnlineToyota Parts and Accessories.

Appreciate opinions on the mirrors, thanks.
Two different mirrors for early FJ.jpg

The arms are original, the mirrors are not. Both are available new from Toyota. The new arms and mirror are painted grey and the hardware is the new style cad plated recessed head stuff, so if you want to be accurate you'll have to replace it.

the short mirror arm should be the same length as the long....its missing the lock bolt on it ....but....the arm that the mirror connects to pulls out from the lower arm....or at least should...or...unless somebody cut the solid bar arm...this is if you are asking about the arms ...or....was it just for the mirror heads you were asking?

Rick,
Here's a close-up pic I found of the bib light housing with the SOR repro lenses. This is not a FJ25 set up 'cause it's on the back of my 40. Kind of cool how turning the original FJ25 tail light bracket on it's side fits perfect. Anyhow, you can compare this photo to that of a real 25 lens.
tail%20lights.jpg

Rick, picked you up the last side mount tire carrier that SOR had. Actually, it's off an early 40 and is slightly different fron the 25 carrier, so I'll remove the 25 carrier from my 40 and send you the real thing.
I'll PM you with the info.

Just got my two lights...but now I need to add that third wire.
Question...why is it called a taillight assembly if I still need to add stuff to it?

Always fun opening new stuff :D
100_5466 25.JPG

Ya, I know how to, and there are already good pictures of someone doing it, my only ick is that while I knew what I was buying (bib light + red lense), I still found it misleading to call it a 'taillight' assembly...to actually do so, SOR should have had this third wire installed :rolleyes:

In any case, this time I was surprised, and happy with how well things went with SOR, so if they keep this up, I should be back for a few other 25 or 40 parts pretty soon :) ...now if only my wife was as thrilled as I was to open the box and find these nice new lights...:meh: ...she thinks I'm
crazy.gif

I can't seem to find that link...anyone remember the nice link about adding the third wire? Doesn't hurt to double check :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom