Bubbas59FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

another tail light shot. brackets were body color. Not that its going to happen until August, but I might be able to work on repros. They really are simple to make.
rear2_sm.JPG

The lights themselves are just bib lights with an extra wire added and red reproduction lenses:

DSC00017_sm.JPG

Last edited:
Jim, the 1959 FJ25 has brackets and the lights are original as far as I can tell. But I think they have been removed from the 1960 FJ25 (the one in the picture) that I just bought. After thinking about it, it seems like it would be easier to attempt to restore two at the same time; at least the time invested in the restoration connected to the acquisition of the parts (and the knowledge required) to get one back to original.

Only thing that scares me is keeping the brakes completely original because of the posting I just read about Gene. Wonder if I could put dual master cylinder in a FJ25? I would imagine a switch to disc brakes would be nearly impossible or cost prohibitive if it could be done, so that is probably out of the question.

Mike, these pictures you posted for me are great, thanks very much for that!

I'm on the same page your are Rick...I've actually gone back and forth many times with Jim (nerd) on this exact thing, so, I am thinking of sending White Post a dual line master, plus the original single master, and all the rest of the brake system, and have them mate everything together so that my '64 looks like it came with a stock dual.

Another option is to get one of Mark's adapters.

As much as I want to keep things completely stock, I keep going back to the upgraded brakes, 3-point seat belts, and a roll bar...family safety is first...even if they will become Sunday drivers :steer::)

1961 Data Plates for 59FJ and 60FJ

1961 Data Plates for 59FJ and 60FJ
Two Data Plates.jpg

Wish I knew what the "D" was in FJ25LD. :confused:

Here are the brackets, the lower two holes are not original:
BRACKET1.JPG
BRACKET3.JPG
BRACKET4.JPG

Nice!!! How different would they have been for the 40?

BTW...love your choice of reading...Cruisers and Arthur ;)

Here pictures of the tail light brackets. Left FJ25 Center 1961 to 1963 FJ40 Right 1964 to early 1969. These all share the fact that there is no left or right, both sides are the same. The early 1969 thru the 1973 model have a left and a right.

John
IMG_2382.jpg
IMG_2386.jpg

Last edited:
Here pictures of the tail light brackets. Left FJ25 Center 1961 to 1963 FJ40 Right 1964 to early 1969. These all share the fact that there is no left or right, both sides are the same. The early 1969 thru the 1973 model have a left and a right.

John

Hey John, do you happen to have two of the center ones you'd be will to sell to me?

How about a good tracing, and a picture from the top with some measurments?

Nice workbench! Is that in the new garage majal?

That's a good one. If I had enough clear space to take a picture in the new garage I would have.

Until all the major early parts are gone I not selling any of the little parts. As of right now I have enough to make a whole vehicle with most the hard to find parts. I can make a pattern for the bracket. easiest thing to do would be to use the later braket and fit in the hole. Then cut the new holes for the lights.

John

That's fair. I wouldn't mind making some, as I can at least make some decent brakets to mount the lights in, and then maybe one day....I can find the real thing :)

If you can trace them, photograph them some more from different angles, and maybe give me the guage they are made from, then I should be good to go...pretty hard to do with out a pattern...and at this point I can't even find one of the '64 to '68 brakets :frown: Actually, if you can photograph them with a ruller next to them, then you can e-mail them over, and I can print them out to scale to make the templates.

Please let me know if you have a minute to do this...you still have my e-mail address?

Thanks in advance :beer:

Some new pics

Ok, finally got to visit our farm for a few days and got out the 59 BubbaMobile for the summer and it's running good. Took some pics for those who have been asking for them. Actually took some so that you might be able to help me understand what is original and what is not, so please send all comments and advice.

I believe the hood is original and that the chrome was removed including the T-bird since I found the holes on the inside. The center groove is filled with bondo. The Ramsey winch works.

I think the original color could have been a blue/green? Would anyone have a paint number for that?

Mirrors are missing, any chance of finding those, or am I kidding myself?

Gas filler cab as the TOYOTA logo. Door hardware for the windows is all missing. Need all the seats, front and rear. Need a rear tail light lens. Probably a lot more that I have not yet figured out I need.
Bubba's59FJ25-Post 1.jpg
Bubba's59FJ25-Post 3.jpg
Bubba's59FJ25-Post 5.jpg

More pics

More pics attached
A.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg

Final group of pics

Here are a few more
D.jpg
E.jpg

Thanks for posting them...she looks real nice :beer:

If you said blue/green, then I'd ask you to look at Jim's project krusty thread...is that the green you are talking about?

Running board is correct but the rubber material should be white.

Hood looks right the size of vents on the side make it a two piece that was welded up or sealed up some how. The under side of the hood should show it. Should have chrome strip and Tbird but nothing else on a hard top model.

Hubs are not stock any wheel that don't have the small hole are not stock.

Two speed TNK wipers are not stock for a 25 Steve TNK wipers were one speed with different terminals

Choke handle is not stock plus the wiper switch. it's Toyota but a later model. Two toggle switches under dash are not stock.

Button by steering column is an market horn button. The one in the steering wheel probably stopped working. Ignition switch probably not stock either. Light about that is for turn signals. Should be a matching one on other side of the speedo.

Toyota only had a outside mirror on the driver's side until the 1968 model when it was mounted to the door instead of the cowl.

Heater is non-Toyota.

Gas cap would have been painted body color along with just about everything else. Remove one of the door hinges from the tub and check the back side for original color. Really anybody guess on a paint number.

John

Outside mirror was round. If you check thru the little treasures tread you will see pictures of an orginal Toyota heate from the late fifties early sixties. If your parking lights and tail lights are in good shape I would buy reproductions. I have the reproductions that have been done using the later parking bibs but would rather have original reproductions.

John

I have the reproductions that have been done using the later parking bibs but would rather have original reproductions.

John
[/QUOTE]

I've sent my tail lights out to CA for a quote. How many of you would be interested in some repro.'s of the OEM tail lights when I recieve a quote?

sorry to hijack, just figured most of the guys in this section chime in on just about every thread.

Doesn't SOR already make a repro 25 light? Am I missing something?

In any case, if SOR's aren't repro's, I'd be interested if the price was right :)

What I need are the brakets for the 25 light going on an early 40...you have any, or are you getting any of those made?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom