broken rear passanger sliding window questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OhmStyles

Needs to win the lottery!
Threads
So i broke my rear passenger side sliding window yesterday snow wheeling here in Colorado. I was going around a corner and the rutted snow threw me into a tree branch and bam broken window and metal damage. Few questions on replacement. First, How bad does the body damaged look to just grab some molding, other parts and put in a used window? Second, I found a 94 driver side rear sliding on CL here in Denver and wondering if different years/ sides will fit. The slider on CL is on 15 bucks. if this doesn't fit is it time to upgrade one window to pop out window? Not sure if i should go in the truck and remove the siding and start banging it back out. Not really all to familiar with body damage repair. IS this something i can do myself or should i use the full coverage? Anyone in the Denver area like to help for barter or pay if needed? Will post in local club as well.

Thanks in advance

20160410_092814.jpg

20160410_092821.jpg

20160410_092828.jpg

20160410_092835.jpg

Last edited:
the window should be the same year to year. it is just held in with it's surround seal. grab a couple of plastic wedges and walk the old seal out, new seal in. that damage doesn't exactly look like it'll buff out. upon removal of the window, you can see if it damaged the lip that the window seal grabs onto. it kinda looks like it might

just noticed the spelling error in the title. can someone change that or can i some how change it please?

Im going to get replacement windows and a vent today from a part out> will order the gasket today. Will plan on removing the window and see the rest of damage when the parts arrive.

If the replacement window is removed correctly the gasket should be fine. Also if you do the parts removal/reinstall yourself a body shop should be able to get that dent to a functional condition (flat enough for vent and window to seal) pretty quickly/cheaply.

two of my favorite unspoken words with my 80, quickly and cheaply ;) i do like the sound of that though. makes me feel a little better about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom