Broken driver seat support (internal) - not motor or controls (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lcgeek

Glad to meet you!
Threads
Yesterday I stopped for gas and as I got out of truck and slid across my left side/driver side seat bolster, I felt something give way a bit. Now the side of the seat sinks down when you sit on it, no longer firm and solid as before. You can now grab bottom side of the aluminum seat frame and move it around on that side. Not sure of the seat internals of how this all connects, just wondering if anyone has dealt with this sort of issue and what the fix was?

I pulled the seat out but did not see anything obvious from the limited view I had, so guessing I will need to have covers pulled to get to the root problem.

its not too hard to remove the seat, just 4 bolts and unplug the power harness...at least u are in AZ, I had to work on my DD bmw in the 17 degree cold on Saturday.........not fun.
it should be a lot easier to identify the broken/loose pieces with it flipped over on the tailgate ........

its not too hard to remove the seat, just 4 bolts and unplug the power harness...at least u are in AZ, I had to work on my DD bmw in the 17 degree cold on Saturday.........not fun.
it should be a lot easier to identify the broken/loose pieces with it flipped over on the tailgate ........

I guess the picture posted was not obvious - the seat is out and sitting on tail gate :) Nothing obvious that I see, thus the post. No worries, I left it with a buddy at a seat shop today.

There are 4 bolts that hold seat bottom to the guts. I would guess one of them is missing. Good reference on the seat heater install threads.

Mine broke in the same place. I uses a small triangle of 1/4 steel and a gusset and welded it back together... good as new!

I guess the picture posted was not obvious - the seat is out and sitting on tail gate :) Nothing obvious that I see, thus the post. No worries, I left it with a buddy at a seat shop today.

sheesh, my reading comprehension skills need improving duh, sorry about that.......

Bump

Evening Mud:flipoff2:

Been reading up on my loose wobbly driver's seat back. It's obvious it's loose on both sides of the seat back down by where it pivots on the base forward and back.

Am I kidding myself assuming there's loose bolts somewhere in the frame where the seat back connects to the base? If so and welding is absolute, I shouldn't bother pulling the seat unless I'm read with the MIG to hot glue it all back together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom