brightest 50'' LED light bar (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BadReligion

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm kind of new to LED light bars but after seeing one on a friends vehicle I could not believe how bright that thing was. I just purchased a frontrunner rack for my 80 and want to mount up a 50" LED light bar to the top. Do lots of driving in rural NV and am looking for as much light as possible. After a bit of initial research, I was ready to pull the trigger on a Rigid E-Series 50''. Even found it on amazon for ~$1200. Then I read a few threads on here claiming they were way overpriced and the $300 Chinese knock offs were close in both light output and reliability so now I am thoroughly confused. I don't mind paying some $$ for something good but at the same time don't want to waste my money if a cheaper, comparative alternatives exist. What is the best 50" light bar in value, output, and reliability/durability?

If I was going to pull the trigger on a big dollar light bar I would give my money to Baja Designs way before Rigid. If you are doing lots of high speed rural driving you will want LEDs that have a really nice, long distance driving beam pattern, i haven't seen that from any of the Chinese knock off light bars out there. Generally the knock off bars are stupid bright out to the end of your normal high beam range, but not much more.

If I was going to pull the trigger on a big dollar light bar I would give my money to Baja Designs way before Rigid. If you are doing lots of high speed rural driving you will want LEDs that have a really nice, long distance driving beam pattern, i haven't seen that from any of the Chinese knock off light bars out there. Generally the knock off bars are stupid bright out to the end of your normal high beam range, but not much more.

Good to know. I want something that goes beyond the high beams. Maybe also add some HID spot lights on the bumper, or is that overkill?

Also, why does it seem like everyone is against Rigid?

That Baja Designs 50" is looking pretty sweet. A little pricey but 10,000 lumens brighter than the Rigid 50." Its also waterproof to 9m (hope I don't ever get to test that out) so moisture inside the lens shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail?ItemNumber=455003

bajadesigns is where you want to be! 5 10" bars will give you a better light dispersion! but the 50" baja double stacked will give you all the light you need!..i plan on doing 1 driving/flood combo and 1 wide driving...total of 64,000 lumens

just so you know, the china leds will get moisture inside and the housing turns brown/purple from the UV!!...the lens breakes too!...plus as much as possible support companies in california!!

Vision X

Brightest 50" out there. Baja designs stuff is nice too but if money was not a limiting factor Id buy the Vision X. Tougher than hell too.

Get it in whatever pattern from 10* 25* 40* 60*

My friend has a 10* quad row 18" and its ubeleiveably bright and throws a very good distance.

Rigid not so much... They ensured I'd never be a customer with a pm they sent me threatening to litigate if I ever posted info about Aurora again. That and they just don't compete with nicer lights like BD and Vision X.

Last edited:
just so you know, the china leds will get moisture inside and the housing turns brown/purple from the UV!!...the lens breakes too!...plus as much as possible support companies in california!!

Is that fact? They will? Or some do?

Ive had good luck with china leds. I also have high dollar lights so...

I do my best not to.

you can go to Amazon or ebay to find some high quality LED lights, there are a lot of choices which are suitable for your condition and the price is relatively affordable. good luck to you.

you can go to Amazon or ebay to find some high quality LED lights, there are a lot of choices which are suitable for your condition and the price is relatively affordable. good luck to you.

Kind of went with a compromise here...spent the $$ on Lightforce 240 XGT 55w HIDs for long distance illumination. Have them installed and am very satisfied with the light output and range. For flood, I am going to pick up a lifetime LED 50" bar. China made but with a warranty and good reviews. Slightly more expensive ($400) than some of the ebay/amazon specials but it looks like a quality unit.

If I didnt do the lightforce HIDs and only bought a light bar, I probably would have gone with either vision x or baja designs in a combo pattern.

Make sure if your going to buy a light bar to get IP68. This is the waterproof/dust rating. If you get an IP67 or IP66 the seals wont be very good and chances are you will get water inside and have to pull the light apart and silicone where the seal is to prevent moisture from getting in.

I have a "42, a "30 and a "22 on my truck. The two smaller light on the front bumper give way more effective light than the 42 up on the rack.....and then there's the glare on the hood and that gets annoying fast. My advice is go for a smaller bar mounted below your eyeline in the front and 7 or 9 inch HID spotties on the rack.

All of my light bars are cheap Chinese Cree LEDs but they have all performed perfectly with near daily use for several years now. I did the preemptive strike on my lights though by painting the housings with decent paint after scuffing and them running a small bead of silicon around all the joints. I will be ditching the 42 for spots though in the near future.

I'm running a 20" single row 120W on the top of my ARB and the thing pumps.
Its the same as the Evo Prime series by VisionX. I am extremely happy with the purchase.
Now i just need to get the new HID kit wired in for my 240 XGT 70W conversion.

I had my 50" on top of my ARB front bar below eye height and it was great. No glare because of where it was mounted and great projection.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436892106.650715.jpg

Not sure how it works where you all are from, but the CVSE (highways vehicle inspections) have been busting/fining people with these huge light bars for not having covers, just like the older style offroad lights are suppose to.

I'm in the lower main land and I had my bar stolen just as that was getting going. So waiting on my new bar and when I get it it will definitely have a cover because I don't need that kind of fine.

Diode Dynamics Stage 50 lightbar hands down. See their social media tests on them vs the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom