Brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

it sure looks like the line going into the brake master has a 9mm to 10mm adaptor, so the original line would have the smaller fitting, thus making it older than 1972

the firewall rib has been modified also, the part that goes up under the clutch master is not original

you can check the bolt pattern and spacing of the 4 bolts in the firewall to see if it matches up with a booster.

The frame is showing to be a 72 so the brake lines would be a two system which means that somewhere on the frame the two systems would have be joined making it a single system correct
If someone removed a vin tag from one body and attached it to another vehicle body I believe it would be against the law right?

If someone removed a vin tag from one body and attached it to another vehicle body I believe it would be against the law right?

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think it is on the up and up.
there are ways to do it legally but usually they are not done that way.

that was why I asked about the frame # stamped into the right front frame, if it matched the vin plate.

Well I now think with what you pointed out leads me to believe I bought a72 fj40 that has some issues after our conversation I went and looked at the vin it obviously has been reattached with newer rivets believe someone changed the body removed the vin tag and reattached it. The money I spent convinced that I bought a 72 might have been more than it was worth hmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom