Brakes for 35s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you posted any more details about the re-gear anywhere. Don't want to clobber this thread, but I'm about to order 4.88's since I'm towing on 34's and will end up on 35's. Stock is 3.31 on the 8 speeds though, right? I recognize 4.88 is a big change.

Yup, lots of details here at the link below. As @linuxgod mentioned, it's focused on the 6-speed tranny, going from 3.9s to 4.3s. As you have the 8-speed, you won't want to go anything more than 3.9s (unless you want to climb trees :) ). Arguably, my opinion is that the 8-speed needs nothing gearing wise even towing at capacity extremes with giant tires. It has low gearing better than 6-speed with 4.88s running 35s... stock. 8-speeds gives plenty of ratios to flexibly pick gears for climbing, downhill braking, and cruising. The driving case IMO that warrants gears for the 8-speed is for better shift logic and to make full use of the tallest 8th gear on the freeway when built.

Yup, lots of details here at the link below. As @linuxgod mentioned, it's focused on the 6-speed tranny, going from 3.9s to 4.3s. As you have the 8-speed, you won't want to go anything more than 3.9s (unless you want to climb trees :) ). Arguably, my opinion is that the 8-speed needs nothing gearing wise even towing at capacity extremes with giant tires. It has low gearing better than 6-speed with 4.88s running 35s... stock. 8-speeds gives plenty of ratios to flexibly pick gears for climbing, downhill braking, and cruising. The driving case IMO that warrants gears for the 8-speed is for better shift logic and to make full use of the tallest 8th gear on the freeway when built.

Thanks. Might save me $2500, unless I want a locker. Yeah, I just found those threads and used that info to make these charts with the tool someone shared there. Trans gear ratios are per your initial post on thread two above. T-case is just 1 high and 5.70 low (N/A). Seem accurate?

Speed_rpm chart.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom