Brake Line Tee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The brake Tee block on the passenger front side is stripped and leaks. I cannot locate tee blocks for a 9 mm fitting.

Does anyone know where to get a 9 mm tee block?

10 mm is very common, so perhaps is there an adapted to go from the 9 mm brake line fittings to the 10 mm tee block? Thinking 9 mm female to 10 mm male flare adapters.

I really don't want to redo the entire brake lines at this time.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The brake Tee block on the passenger front side is stripped and leaks. I cannot locate tee blocks for a 9 mm fitting.

Does anyone know where to get a 9 mm tee block?

10 mm is very common, so perhaps is there an adapted to go from the 9 mm brake line fittings to the 10 mm tee block? Thinking 9 mm female to 10 mm male flare adapters.

I really don't want to redo the entire brake lines at this time.

Thanks.
Wish I had seen this a year ago. During my rebuild I found all my fittings with the adapters as you mentioned. When I made all new brake lines I threw away all the adapters.

Thanks, any idea where the adapters were purchased?

I was also thinking of getting a 3/16 block ILO the 10 mm, but haven't found any adapters to go from the 9 mm lines to 3/16 neither.

Unfortunately it was a PO mod so I’m not sure. If anyone can help you it is @Rainman. He set me up with all new fittings.

Easiest fix is a 10mm tee and simply make two new lines with 9mm at one end and 10mm at the other. The flex hose could be made the same way.

Easiest fix is a 10mm tee and simply make two new lines with 9mm at one end and 10mm at the other. The flex hose could be made the same way.

Second easiest. Easiest would be the 9 MM tee. This is provided the thread on male fittings are good. Could just take a 10 MM fitting with lines with a couple inches of tubing attached. Swedge the 10 MM tube enough to slip the 9 MM tube in and silver solder connection. The lines are steel and real silver solder works great.

I only said easiest because of the rarity of the 9mm tee. Of course, if the tee is available, then for sure, replacing it would be easy. Going through the mess of 9-10 adapters is, in short, ugly at best.

I was able to tap the stripped hole to 3/8-24, then installed a 3/8-24 to 10 mm adapter, replaced the 9 mm tube nut with a 10 mm nut. So far all is dry.

Added a copper washer for extra precaution.

I have a box of 9mm fittings. Which exact one do you need? The three way I’m thinking of is by the battery tray, where the passenger side front brake line drops to the wheel hose.

I finished the repair yesterday, no leaks after an hour. Will bleed the system and pressurize today.

65swb45, thanks. If there are leaks, I will take you up on your offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom