Brake Booster Rod Adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
I just installed a new brake booster. I measured the new booster's rod and it was about .05" shorter than the old booster. I tried adjusting it, but I couldn't get the adjuster to move when I tried turning it. I assume the nut on the end of the rod is what is supposed to rotate?

I went ahead and (stupidly) installed it anyway. I have brakes again, but now they engage much too low. Is there a way to adjust this rod without pulling the booster back out? Any recommendations on a shop that could make this adjustment for me, or advice to make it as painless as possible? My main issue right now is that I can't get a good enough grip on the rod to spin the adjuster.

Thanks!

Sounds to me that you might not of broke the lock nut loose first on the adjustment spot(that is if it has one ) if it doesn't, remove the master cyl ( without disconnecting the lines) and you may have to heat up the adjustment spot with a small torch and break the bolt free.

Wow, I really overthought this. There was plenty of adjustment available in the brake pedal rod, brakes feel fine now. They'll feel even better when I bleed the system. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom