Boost Controller and Sump Oil Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

Today I became a proud owner of a 12HT. I could not be happier. As the car is quiet old it has a few issues to be fixed. Car was purchased 2000km from home and I drove it back. Upon arrival I noticed oil sump has a leak. How difficult is it to replace the gasket?

The car came with a boost controller and seems to run at 11psi. At steep hills the EGT value climbed between 400 to 500oC. How much benefit will a 3" exhaust system make?

Another thing which was noticed is that old has leaked through boost controller. What are the recommended steps or things to look for in troubleshooting the issue?

Thanks for your help everyone

I have a Turbosmart boost controller set to 10psi and see up to 575 on a steep climb or pushing it when towing (that is the temp I have my Redarc egt alarm set for - so I back off at that point) my egt probe is in the dump pipe only about 30mm from the turbo - then unmuffled 3" pipe...
If you want to decrease egt - increase boost another psi without touching the fuel, but they seem low temps to me...

We have a diesel and 24volt section where you will find more owners with diesel 60 series

I'd recommend cleaning the engine and pouring a bottle of flourescent trace dye in the oil. Then looking it over with a UV light and glasses. It would be very difficult if not impossible to pinpoint your leak for you with photos like that. You have to look at the engine as a whole, it could be coming from above your photo and running down or from the front of the engine and blowing back from the fan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom