Bolt Question (Shroud) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have the specs on the fan shroud bolts that go into the radiator? Swapped-in rad has plastic retainers over the bolt holes, and the bolts from the last radiator (stock bolts I think; pretty short, and shorter still with lock washers and non-removable washers) don't reach the threaded holes after passing through the retainers. Hoping to find longer replacements locally, tomorrow. Thanks for any help!

@ToyotaMatt sells a number of hex head screws and may have what you need?

devo
Thanks! For the moment and given the season, I'm looking for something I can put my hands on tomorrow. If I need to refine it post-holidays, I will.

Thanks! For the moment and given the season, I'm looking for something I can put my hands on tomorrow. If I need to refine it post-holidays, I will.
@ToyotaMatt sells a number of hex head screws and may have what you need?

devo

these ship today if my shipping deadline of 3:45 EST is met daily till thursday the 22nd

1671565189865.png

Pretty sure it would be an m10x1.25
Just bring yours to a hardware store and get a longer bolt with the same thread

Last edited:
Yes M10x1.25 on the bolt. Mine are maybe 15mm long. Picked up some 20 and 25s, 8mm washers and split washers. Let's see how that works. Lowe's mix-and-match; local Toyota dealer was useless.
these ship today if my shipping deadline of 3:45 EST is met daily till thursday the 22nd

View attachment 3197919
Wow, very nice! For which reason they’d really stand out, though, forcing me to upgrade everything else to match...

Last edited:
Yes M10x1.25 on the bolt. Mine are maybe 15mm long. Picked up some 20 and 25s, 8mm washers and split washers. Let's see how that works. Lowe's mix-and-match; local Toyota dealer was useless.

Wow, very nice! For which reason they're really stand out, though, forcing me to upgrade everything else to match...

yes .........

the BLING factor is there for sure

you CAN make tomorrows post office dead line at this point .......

Let's see how that works. Lowe's mix-and-match; local Toyota dealer was useless.

For what it's worth, the selection of Hillman fasteners at my local Ace and Wilco stores includes a tray marked something like "Small hex head (JIS) bolts". JIS bolts use smaller heads for a given bolt diameter than regular metric. If you use regular metric hardware, you'll end up having to carry 11mm and 13mm wrench sizes, for example.

Unfortunately, their zinc plating doesn't seem to be anywhere near as robust as Toyota's. It would be nice to have a comprehensive list of Toyota fastener part numbers we could order...

Oh man, I've always wondered why aftermarket nuts have a bigger head size! Should have guessed there are also JIS standards for bolts/nuts........too bad I've already invested in a big collection of metric ISO/DIN nuts and bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom