bolt on the end of the axel?????? (1 Viewer)

is this bolt needed?
i am putting new cv boots on the wife 95 4runner, with add, and i do not have a good fsm, so i fubared this bolt an washer, so is it needed or can i leave it off?:bang::bang:

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star
I may be wrong, but I believe it keeps the stub of the axle from walking too far in. I would put it back on. Do you need a new one? I think I have several spares...

i would agree with you but there is a thrust washer and snap ring on the axle already, but there happened to be one on the 86 so i will put that one in thanks, klf!

With it there, the locking hub, or drive flange can't leave the truck if for some reason your cone washers come off... I put them back on, it can't hurt, and it may help...

here are a few pics of the bolt i fubared.....
toy4xfun-albums-bs-ii-picture14090-mytruck-268.jpg

toy4xfun-albums-bs-ii-picture14091-mytruck-269.jpg

There was a guy on Yotatech that had his pull through... Come to find, he had a lift and the bump stops were not even installed on the truck...

He said it came out when he jumped the truck so I have no idea if it was compression or droop...

hot damn man - if doesn't seem like it wants to come out, grab a bigger pry bar :D

really, just replace it with a short bolt a fender washer bigger than the inside diameter of the splines (though I don't have this on one side of my truck and it's made no difference what-so-ever)

both of my 87's these bolts were not there, and the add hub had two threaded holes like the rear brake drums so when it did not budge i used the threaded holes:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom