Bolt on 100 Series Tire Carrier Compatible with Factory Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GGM

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.generalgreenmanufacturing.com
Since I started selling the 80 series tire carrier, people have been asking for the same type of design for a 100 series. So I've been working on it. It's still in development but I wanted to get things kick started and gauge interest. It will have similar function of our 80 Series Tire Carrier seen here but may have some new and improved features.

If you might be interested, please take a second and head over to the website and sign up for notifications. You will receive an email once it is available for purchase. I WILL NOT SPAM YOU. Here's a link to the website.

Obviously, I will keep this thread up to date on the progress of the design. Please let me know your thoughts/suggestions/request or if you think this is just stupid. Let me know!

Thank you for the support and I hope to continue serving the LC community!

Quick update! Prototype is in process...
IMG_20230404_145029380_HDR.jpg

Done and done!

Got my installed over the weekend. Its pretty straight forward process. I didn't really look at the instructions from the 80 series one. The biggest snaffu for me was I forgot to take off my hitch, so my holes didn't line up perfectly. This is a great option if you don't want to spend $3k, and add a ton of weight to the rear. I am local to San diego area if anyone wants to check out or needs help for the install.

70622157613__A88318D5-DC65-4A69-8FDD-23ABC6F143AB.jpeg

@Cruisin4Miles made a install video for our 100 series tire carrier. Check it out here.

Ya mine also showed up bent in the exact same location. I ended up snipping the inside lip of the cap in 3 spots to give it the ability to sync in. Still doesn't have a great seal, and will probably cause problems down the road.

Also if you run a hitch, you will have to get a piece of flat stock cut to compensate for the bumper on the other side and for the bolts closest to the front of the vehicle.

Did you ever get a version for the lx470?
Had some fitment issues reported with LX models. I had no idea the tailgates are different on them. I'm working on a fix, but for now I'm going to have to say no they will not.☹️

Edit, just realized you said GX. These will not work on a

Short answer, no.

Slightly longer answer, I had made some spacers for the regular kit. It's works but makes the tire carrier slightly not parallel with the rear of the truck. Sold several like that with no complaints.

However, I'm probably going to phase out the 100 series tire carrier altogether because of the lack of interest.

@GGM on your website it says they are not available and you have no plans to make more.

Is that the case or are you taking orders?

@GGM noted, but I hope you do bring them back!

Reactions: GGM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom