body dimensions

Doing a fj40 frame off restoration and looking for body dimensions, so I can square up the tub and get the bad pieces cut out, and I have a lot of bad spots to cut, any help would be appreicated, thanks, Stan

72cruiser

i'm tryin to find some of the same info as well...
if i come across any stuff i'll let you know.

i'm puttin 2 tubs together, so it should be a good time, ha ha

malphrus

Hodag will be pulling his '78 out shortly - as soon a we pop the top off I will try to put some measurements on line. I am in the process of buildiing a new tub out of several donor rigs so the more pics of your rebuild the better.

tin_fish said:
Hodag will be pulling his '78 out shortly - as soon a we pop the top off I will try to put some measurements on line. I am in the process of buildiing a new tub out of several donor rigs so the more pics of your rebuild the better.
Let me join the club I too have a 78 40 so rusted I couldn't get any decent measurements so if any of you guys can come up with some I'd appreciate sharing the numbers :beer:
doors pillars side to side ? what's the measurements also the rear supports
etc...
I remounted the doors ,sides and top to try and get a better idea but I am still
off

thanks
measures.jpg

fj40Matt

I'll throw out some numbers even though they a probably not correct. Use at your own risk.

Outside width of rear tub: 64"/1625mm
Outside width of front tub: 65 1/2"1665mm
(Both of the above exclude door handles and rear side marker lights)
Width of rear door opening: 41"/1040mm
Height of rear door opening: 15 1/8"/385mm (less sure about this one)
Radius of rear quarter panel: ~6"/150mm

I'd be interested to hear if these are even close to what anyone else has come up with. I was going to use this on my tub rebuild, but I've been stalled out and haven't gotten much done.

fj40Matt

PabloCruise said:
What year tub did you get these from?

I would think 68-74 would be the same.
75-78 probably the same except for the lip for the ambulance doors.

I don't have experience with real early or late tubs, so I won't even venture a guess.

Top Bottom