Blue Lake Trail Ride 2026

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Nov 16, 2016
Threads
13
Messages
109
Location
Bozeman, MT
🏔️ MONTHLY CLUB RUN — INDEPENDENCE PASS → BLUE LAKE! 🚙💨

Intel says the road is OPEN! 😎

📍 SATURDAY 10/3/26

Meet:
Natural Bridge (45°33'00.4"N 110°12'28.0"W)
Arrive: Before 10 AM
Roll out: 10 AM
📻 GMRS/FRS Ch. 15

From Natural Bridge it’s about 30 miles of washboard to the top. The trail is generally mild with a few technical spots, but last year’s washout may have added a challenge or two. Expect some Montana pinstriping. We may also hit snow and have to turn around 🌲😂

This is a LONG day if you do it in one shot. Previous years we’ve reached the lake around 3:30–4 PM.

Natural Bridge is an 1hr 40min from Bozeman. For more scenic, take Swingley Road from Livingston to cutoff to McLeod. There should be cell reception at Natural Bridge, but don't count on it.

⛺ CAMPING

Come Friday and camp along the way, make it a Saturday-only adventure, or stay Saturday night at Blue Lake and explore.

🏔️ ~9,500 ft elevation
🎣 Fishing possible
⛏️ Old mine to explore
📸 Plenty of scenery

I’ll be camping Friday somewhere around Natural Bridges. If you’re staying at Blue Lake Saturday night, post up so others can join you!

🐻 BIG BEAR COUNTRY: Camp accordingly. I have personally viewed 3 grizzlies at Blue Lake.
⛽ Fuel up in Big Timber or Livingston
📱 Cell service gets sketchy—don’t count on it.

And remember…

It’s Montana. Pack for everything. Lows expected to be in 20's overnight up at the lake. ☀️🌧️❄️💨😂

We will go until we make the lake or are limited out by snow.

Who’s in?! 🤘
@Saul Abel
@geo5
@CCRider
@mccracken
@James Hartly






blue 4.webp

blue 3.webp

blue 2.webp
blue 1.webp
 
Last edited:
Last time we tried to get to Blue Lake this had just happened. I'm excited to give it another shot.
So......I'm in!

SNY02047.webp
 
Last edited:
Oh man, I wanna go!
 
Wish I could make this one. Forgot I have a trip to Michigan on the same weekend...
 
I'll be heading out later this afternoon and plan to camp somewhere along the Main Boulder Road. I should have my radio on CH 15 if you want to try to reach out. Otherwise I'll be at the picnic area in the morning.
Don't forget your 🧸 spray!
 
We are heading out today (Friday) and will camp further down past the Natural Bridge. We will be collected as the wolfpack passes us around 1015/1030.

BTW, who has a winch? geo5? ccrider? Hartly?

Reminder Channel 15
 
Winch ✅
Shovel ✅
 
🏔️ MONTHLY CLUB RUN — INDEPENDENCE PASS → BLUE LAKE! 🚙💨

Intel says the road is OPEN! 😎

📍 SATURDAY 10/3/26

Meet:
Natural Bridge (45°33'00.4"N 110°12'28.0"W)
Arrive: Before 10 AM
Roll out: 10 AM
📻 GMRS/FRS Ch. 15

From Natural Bridge it’s about 30 miles of washboard to the top. The trail is generally mild with a few technical spots, but last year’s washout may have added a challenge or two. Expect some Montana pinstriping. We may also hit snow and have to turn around 🌲😂

This is a LONG day if you do it in one shot. Previous years we’ve reached the lake around 3:30–4 PM.

Natural Bridge is an 1hr 40min from Bozeman. For more scenic, take Swingley Road from Livingston to cutoff to McLeod. There should be cell reception at Natural Bridge, but don't count on it.

⛺ CAMPING

Come Friday and camp along the way, make it a Saturday-only adventure, or stay Saturday night at Blue Lake and explore.

🏔️ ~9,500 ft elevation
🎣 Fishing possible
⛏️ Old mine to explore
📸 Plenty of scenery

I’ll be camping Friday somewhere around Natural Bridges. If you’re staying at Blue Lake Saturday night, post up so others can join you!

🐻 BIG BEAR COUNTRY: Camp accordingly. I have personally viewed 3 grizzlies at Blue Lake.
⛽ Fuel up in Big Timber or Livingston
📱 Cell service gets sketchy—don’t count on it.

And remember…

It’s Montana. Pack for everything. Lows expected to be in 20's overnight up at the lake. ☀️🌧️❄️💨😂

We will go until we make the lake or are limited out by snow.

Who’s in?! 🤘
@Saul Abel
@geo5
@CCRider
@mccracken
@James Hartly






View attachment 4218717
View attachment 4218716
View attachment 4218718View attachment 4218719
I’m in for the day!
 
Back
Top Bottom