Builds Blender, My LX450/FZJ80 + FJ45esk + GM + Land Rover crazy concoction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's your method for transferring that intersecting trapezoid to metal? Print out the pattern from the rendering and trace or something fancier?

What's your method for transferring that intersecting trapezoid to metal? Print out the pattern from the rendering and trace or something fancier?

Basically cardboard. The model was just a conceptual pic I found when doing research. My ring is offset slightly so that complicates things a wee bit.

I guess I could model it, but I don't have a good way to print out templates that large. Sometimes for one off stuff it's just easier to fab on the fly.

CAD= Cardboard aided design

Amazing what you can come up with with some cardboard and tape sometimes..

Keep going

Back home after a week abroad for work...

I test fit the shroud ring in the vehicle to double check the position. Everything looks pretty good. The ring might be a little long? I have about 1/3 of the fan sticking out of the shroud. It's easier to trim a little vs adding some I think.

The fit on the fan looks pretty good. I have about a finger width of clearance all the way around ( about 3/8-1/2" ). This should allow for some movement if needed, but be tight enough for good airflow.

Now for the hard part. I have to make the transition sections from the square core to the round ring. After that it done and welded I will trim the back side of the ring to the new shape.

Welp, get ready for round two of Photobucket destroying thousands more build threads. I was informed today that they will not renew any existing paid image hosting plans. I have been on on a paid plan for the better part of of a decade now. They are basically trying to make me upgrade to the $400yr plan as they did all the 'free' members a few months back. Any thoughts? I don't really want to fork over that much money, but I also don't want want to lose the thousands of posts of information I have typed out in my build threads.....

Starting to convert chipboard to sheet metal....

This actually went pretty fast. The template was close. The sheet metal moves pretty quick with a flap wheel or a file to fit the gap.

Two more major panels to go and then a few little ones and much trimming of the ring. Then I will add the upper/lower split flanges....

Last edited:
Welp, get ready for round two of Photobucket destroying thousands more build threads. I was informed today that they will not renew any existing paid image hosting plans. I have been on on a paid plan for the better part of of a decade now. They are basically trying to make me upgrade to the $400yr plan as they did all the 'free' members a few months back. Any thoughts? I don't really want to fork over that much money, but I also don't want want to lose the thousands of posts of information I have typed out in my build threads.....

That sucks man. Let it expire, then get a browser plugin to fix the pictures for you:

Photobucket Hotlink Fix

There are similar plugins for Firefox.

Moving forward, I've been using Google Photos for ~10 years and still don't have a paid subscription. Love them. Move your a copy of your photobucket photos over there and upload fresh photos to Google Photos.

That sucks man. Let it expire, then get a browser plugin to fix the pictures for you:

Photobucket Hotlink Fix

There are similar plugins for Firefox.

Moving forward, I've been using Google Photos for ~10 years and still don't have a paid subscription. Love them. Move your a copy of your photobucket photos over there and upload fresh photos to Google Photos.

For me it isn't that simple. This is one of my smaller threads. I have others on other forums that have thousands of pages of content and about 9000 photos. This change could ruin hundreds of not thousands of hours of tech content work for me.....

What I'm saying is that you can leave your photobucket pictures alone. Download that browser extension and it'll do the fixing for you (for your browser session). Many people are downloading those extensions now.

What other threads do you have? I'd like to do some more reading :)

What I'm saying is that you can leave your photobucket pictures alone. Download that browser extension and it'll do the fixing for you (for your browser session). Many people are downloading those extensions now.

What other threads do you have? I'd like to do some more reading :)

Right, but 9000 images may not fit on the 'free' account through Photobucket.

Here's a temporary fix.... here's a conversation I had with them

1st email from photobucket
In order to keep your account current and all of your content available, we are asking that you migrate over to one of our current Plus plan offerings: Plans
Failure to do so within 30 days will result in your billing to be suspended, and your account will be reverted to a free account.
If you have any questions about your account or which of our current offerings is right for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Thanks,
Sebastian,
your personal account manager

My response

You accepted my money - a year in advance - and I demand nothing less the full compliance with the contract you have with me. Should you choose to breach those terms, I will seek legal remedy in the appropriate Washington State Court and in the event of breach seek both consequential and punitive damages.

Yes, I know where your office is and who to serve the papers upon. Breach this contract at your own risk.

Thank you for your email. Your current subscription will be honored until the expiration date. At that time, you’ll need to upgrade to a current plan offering in order to maintain your account.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Yeah, that's what I thought B*tch

looks sweet. Are you keeping it as a single piece?

I will probably split it after welding. I'm not sure I 'need' to split it however. I can't really unscrew the fan clutch or remove the fan with the radiator in place, there just isn't that much room. Splitting it will make it easier to pull the radiator without pulling the grill however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom