Black 100 badges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lockd80

Totally right
Threads
IMG_2540edit-1.jpg
I

I bought these from cdan a while ago to replace my cracked plastic badge and decided to paint them and my stock sombrero black. I like the color but not sure about the spacing. Sometimes I get too anal so I thought I would ask my freinds at MUDD what do you guys think, should i peal them off and start over or just leave it?

Thanks,
Mark

Update:

Thanks again for your feedback this is the final product.

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2592-1.jpg

Last edited:
It is too far apart but it's up to you. Your full time 4wd would look better painted black too. Black them all out. I might do this now.

Ya I agree that the 4wd badge is next.

I second Cj80cruiser's notion on the spacing and the 4wd badge!

Spacing may be a tad too far, but what I like is your spot lights up top. I've been looking for a place to mount some highpowered backup / spot lights that wouldn't stick up like Mickey Mouse ears or hang too low off the bumper.

How are they mounted and also, what are those U shaped things on the air deflector?

... I've been looking for a place to mount some highpowered backup / spot lights that wouldn't stick up like Mickey Mouse ears or hang too low off the bumper.

Yeah, I'd be interested in more details as well!

Back up lights.

The spots are still in prototype as far as the mounting goes but the location works great for both backup and work lights. For now I have a small L shaped bracket that is bolted to the spoiler with a countersunk bolt then the spot light bolts to that verticaly so it swivels. The spoiler I picked up for $5 to prototype with it is off a S10 Blazer and the U shaped things are the original mounting bolt covers. I have a spare spoiler that I will cut up for the final product but I have not decided if I like the scallup look or if I am going to do something like this 0(_____)0. Your opinions on this would be appriciated also.

This is the only other pic I have of these lights for now but I can take more if people are interested.

Sorry about the size of the pic still trying to get it right.

backuplight.jpg

Back up lights.

I found this pic also. You can see that the bolts I used are rusting this is the main thing I need to fix about the mounting.

IMG_2541-1.jpg

Tighten the spacing up a little and you should be good to go...I love the way you molded your "spoiler" to fit the lights...great job.

- Mark

IMG_2540edit-1.jpg

I bought these from cdan a while ago to replace my cracked plastic badge and decided to paint them and my stock sombrero black. I like the color but not sure about the spacing. Sometimes I get too anal so I thought I would ask my freinds at MUDD what do you guys think, should i peal them off and start over or just leave it?

Thanks,
Mark

Cool. Kinda like what I did.

n539070227_3834437_3417.jpg

i like! Did not know that lc badge came off without leaving mounting holes...I may have to give that a go. Very clean install with the lights...

I found this pic also. You can see that the bolts I used are rusting this is the main thing I need to fix about the mounting.

IMG_2541-1.jpg

Didn't see those lights on my first post. I like it cut out just like it is with the lights just like they are. Dont change that.

X3, on the rear lights. Very classy set up. I didn't notice it at first either.

So, our badges are just glued on? No holes. I really like the black color badges, especially on with my grey color. I may pull my off and paint them or order new ones.

As far as the full time 4WD, I'd almost just remove it. There really is no point to that badge. I think painting it black, it wouldn't look right since it has a black background. It would just look like a black block the shape of the outline of the badge.

As for the Land Cruiser letters, it's probably no big deal, but I would move it a little closer together, like the ones on the red truck.

Nice job.

X3, on the rear lights. Very classy set up. I didn't notice it at first either.

So, our badges are just glued on? No holes. I really like the black color badges, especially on with my grey color. I may pull my off and paint them or order new ones.

As far as the full time 4WD, I'd almost just remove it. There really is no point to that badge. I think painting it black, it wouldn't look right since it has a black background. It would just look like a black block the shape of the outline of the badge.

As for the Land Cruiser letters, it's probably no big deal, but I would move it a little closer together, like the ones on the red truck.

Nice job.

You do have a point about the fulltime 4wd decal unless you took a dremel to it. He did say he was anal.

Thanks for your input I peeled the badges off today and am in the process of puting new sticky stuff on and fixing the chips I made while removing. I'll post pics when its finished.

I love my rear lights here are some pics to illustrate the improvement.

Just the street light.
IMG_2571.jpg

The reverse lights and a car coming down the road.
IMG_2570.jpg

Rear Aux. lights.
IMG_2569.jpg

yep...too far apart...

is it easy enough to remove and "restick" or is it a one-time-shot sorta thing?

The badges had been on for about 48 hours and did not come off well. Some of the adhesive balled up and some tore off so i removed it all and replaced it with the 3M trim tape.

Thanks for your input I peeled the badges off today and am in the process of puting new sticky stuff on and fixing the chips I made while removing. I'll post pics when its finished.

I love my rear lights here are some pics to illustrate the improvement.

Just the street light.
IMG_2571.jpg

The reverse lights and a car coming down the road.
IMG_2570.jpg

Rear Aux. lights.
IMG_2569.jpg

NICE!!! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom